There were just odds and ends to follow through on (printing programs, printing off the kids parts, etc.) then worries like will kids come (there has been major sickness going around here), do I have enough seats, will the Sunbeams chuck the Sacrament Trays into the audience??? (I sat them right in front of the Sacrament Table)

The Program was amazing. The Children were so reverent! They did a Great job singing! It was better then I would have ever imagined. I even felt touched by the Spirit of their messages, which is saying alot since I was keeping track of what happens next, preparing pictures, giving silent signals, and things like that. I truly felt honored to be able to help the Children share their testimonies.
And I feel even more honored to be this sweet boy's mom!

When it was Nathan's Class turn to do their part. There was a boy who was unsure of his part and had not been at the practice. Nathan gently guided him to the podium and stood by his side. He never left this boys side and helped him with a few of the words for his part. Then when the CTR 8 class sung their solo he made sure the boy knew where to go again and had him stand in the middle. I don't think I have ever been prouder of my son! He saw this boy struggling with what to do and in an instant he just took him under his wing without anyone asking him too or telling him what to do. Even today, everytime I think about it my eyes well up with happiness at what a great little boy he is!
Then last night I was able to attend the Priesthood Preview for all of the Valiant 11 boys. The Scoutmaster, The Deacon Quorum's President, the Deacon's Advisor, and then the 1st Counselor in the Bishopric spoke to all the boys and their families. I was in awe of how much effort they put in to make these programs run well and to help the boys achieve as much as they want to achieve and learn.

I think we are so blessed to be taught so many principles and given so much support from the church programs to help us raise our children into well-rounded, caring, responsible adults (or priesthood leaders) in the church. It's amazing how it just builds upon itself and starts out small like with giving them the opportunity to lead an FHE in your home (or even having FHE), then as they are baptized they begin the Faith in God Program and start Cubs, then when they turn 12 they get the Aaronic Priesthood and progress through that during their difficult teen years. But somehow in all the hard work of daily life, and weekly church activities they turn these goofy, rambunctious boys into these Awesome Young Men! It really is so inspired.
The Young Man who spoke was wonderful. I remember when he was in Cubs with Ken (he's always been a good kid), but to see him speak to the boys and tell them what they will be responsible for and how they will carry out their calling was very touching. It made me so excited for when the boys will get to that stage in their life.
9 comments:
Both boys did so well in the Primary program. I was so proud of them. I got many compliments on how well they did, how well Stephanie directed the program and especially how Nathan took care of the other kids! I am so proud of my family!
Yay! Way to go Nathan! I'm sure it was a wonderful program. Ours is next week and Ssac has to give a talk about following the prophets.
Steph, when I saw Nathan do that it made me tear up too! I knew that if I looked at you we would both be crying and that could be a recipe for disaster!
Thank you thank you for all that you did to make the program a HUGE success!
Love you tons!
That is so awesome! I have also been feeling really proud of my son. Dallin has done some REALLY amazing things lately too. I feel that this generation of children is SO special, even more special than the last. I am so proud of Nathan . . . would you tell him I said so? Love you!
Awesome! That is so sweet of Nathan! I wish I could have been there to see it - but I'm glad to hear it was such a success!
There really are so many little things to planning an event that a person just doesn't consider or really appreciate until you've done it yourself. What a wonderful boy Nathan is. That is awesome that he would respond that way, and you can give yourself credit for that too, because you are the one who teaches and reinforces that type of behavior.
way to go nathan you guys sure have raised a very neat little boy. I am so glad that it is all over for you and that you can breathe now. Love ya babe good job
Wow! How great! Were you really that surprised that you have AWESOME kids? I mean, come on! Anyway, congrats on surviving! I tagged you! Go to my blog to see the rules!
What a great stiry. I'm so glad it's all over. Is your car all fixed now?
Post a Comment