Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Best Day of Ginger's Life (so far...)

Ginger turned 1 this week!!! It was a huge deal to all of us. Ken took off work, and the boys were trying very hard to convince us to let them take a day off from school (that's not characteristic of them, they hate to miss even for a vacation to CA). Ginger really soaked in her whole birthday. I don't think I have ever seen a baby who loved her 1st Birthday this much and actually seemed totally aware of what a special day it was.

She woke up happy and smiling. This isn't anything new but she was extremely happy and bouncy. Ginger just kept on smiling and loved having us cuddle her and sing Happy Birthday 20 or 30 times in our bed before we got up for the day. She also clapped for us after we sang too, which was very sweet considering Ken and I's singing abilities.

We took Ginger and Rose to our families favorite donut shop for breakfast. She loved the donut holes!

Then we took the girls to an indoor playground jumping place. This one specializes in things for kids under the age of 5. Ginger loved Mommy playing with her as she swung!

She loved climbing up the treehouse stairs with her Big Sis!

Ginger wasn't quite sure what to think of the inflatable.

But she loved her Daddy getting her neck!

And Bouncing on Daddy's Tummy!


The Ball Pit was lots of fun, especially tossing all the balls out at Mom. Can you believe those eyelashes???


After the playhouse it was close to the Girl's naptime, so Ken and I decided to go watch a movie. It was his day off afterall, and hopefully they would just eat popcorn and sleep through the movie. Well, we made it into the movie parking lot, but about 3 blocks before the differential broke on our Suburban. My mom had to come pick us up and the car got towed to the mechanics.

Even the car problems didn't put a dent in Ginger's day. She slept through most of it. It has however put a dent in our checkbook ($1600 and still counting) and in our lifestyle (my Dad has been kind enough to lend us his car for the past 5 days.

After we got home Ginger napped some more.
When she woke up it was P-A-R-T-Y Time!


Lola and Papa came over for the party. Here is Ginger with her pretty Lola!


For Dinner we had Fried Chicken, Funeral Potatoes, and Broccoli. Ginger ate a ton, including 2 big serving size spoonfuls of funeral potatoes. She really really loves all kind of potatoes (baked, potato salad, mashed, etc) but she especially loves funeral potatoes.



Ginger wasn't very excited to open her presents...


But, she had more then enough help from her siblings.

She also had quite a bit of help playing with her new toys too. Who knew that Darin would like her little dolls so much:-) Nathan helped her out by combing her Strawberry Shortcake Pony, too.


Ginger LOVED walking around with wrapping paper though.

Not to brag or anything, but I picked out Ginger's Favorite Present! She loves this chair with a music thingy attached. I knew she would love it because she loves to climb up and sit on anything; The table, boxes, books, legos, step stools, basically whatever will get her a little bit perched up.


It's Cake Time!

Ginger wasn't quite sure what to do with the Cake. She was pretty timid and gentle digging into it.


Two Seconds after this shot was taken Ginger had enough. She did not like getting her hands and face this messy. Which I guess goes to prove that she and Darin really are two peas in a pod.

Sooooo, our 4th baby has turned 1! The time has flown by so quickly. We are so thankful for our little Ginger. You light up a room whenever you walk into it. You are such a sweet little girl and we love you so very much!
Love, Mom & Dad

6 comments:

Natasha said...

She is so adorable I love the pics looks like she had lots of fun what a cutie what I wouldn't give for lashes like hers. I loved seeing you in the shots to you are looking smokin babe love ya and miss ya tons

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Amazing how time flies! She is an absolute DOLL! Congrats!

sockiepuppetsmom said...

I love your hair in that last picture! I can't believe how big Ginger has gotten!

Anonymous said...

Ginger has such a wonderful time with all the things her mother planned for her! It was truely her happiest day. And it was so much fun playing with her all day long!

Stacy said...

Your such a GREAT mom stephanie. It looks like a great time for all.

Lisa said...

Ginger is such a pretty girl! I just can't believe how fast that year has flown by though. I swear you were just calling me on the phone to announce the news that you were pregnant!