Thursday, October 23, 2008

Things I Love

Today was a really, really busy day. At one point I was supposed to be at the school, at the soccer field, at the football field, and at the church. But it has been a GREAT day!

Here's a list of things I thought about today that I really love.

Ginger not being Sick

Ginger had an awful ear infection and a virus too. I am very thankful for Grandma T's advice for homeopathic remedies since Ginger would throw up every other kind of medicine. All Monday and Tuesday she felt miserable, I probably got 4 hours of sleep combined those two nights. She would just toss and turn and had a horrible fever. Then Weds. she took a 6 hour nap during the day. It was Heaven! And now she is back to her normal happy self.
I think it is innate for little girls to know how to hold a purse.

My Daddy!
My Dad has been so wonderful to our family! This week he has stepped in and helped me when I had too many responsibilities and had to be in more then one place. He has picked up medicine for Ginger when she was sick. Watched the girls when I needed to go to the boys' school and to the store. Took Darin to practice and watched all of the kids so I could go to 3 hours of meetings! And just in general he still takes care of me!

Flowers from Ken and Ken coming home from his business trip early!

Ken brought home these flowers before he left and I have enjoyed looking at them while he has been away. I am also loving that he is coming home from his work trip on Saturday instead of having to stay over the weekend. Now he will be here so we can wrap Ginger's birthday presents together and all of that stuff, instead of taking the red eye just so he can make it to her birthday breakfast! Plus, I'm nervous about the Primary Program Practice thing I have to do on Sunday, and I'm glad my biggest cheerleader will be here for me.

Rose's Preschool Group

This is what she made at the Thursday preschool, which is the one where I am trading off with 3 other ladies once a week for 2.5 hours. Yes, she does two different groups. Aren't those little ghosts made from her footprint adorable!

But the thing I really love about the preschool group is that today I was able to shower for the first time since Sunday. It's Thursday by the way, so you can do the math of how many days it has been since I showered. Sad I know, but Ginger was so sick and I have been so busy.

"My Proxy Men of the House"

These boys have been super-troopers all week long. Like as in P-E-R-F-E-C-T! I could not have asked for better sons. They have been helpful, kind, fetching things for me, playing with their sisters, doing things without being asked, working hard, having a great attitude, just all around totally wonderful.

This is a picture of then chatting with their Dad. Whenever Ken leaves for a work trip he tells them what he expects and how they are supposed to be the "Man in the House" and take care of their mom and sisters. It's so wonderful to see them live up to it. They normally do a pretty good job and like to report back to Ken, but this time they have been totally Outstanding!

Fresh, Warm Cookies from the Oven!

Need I say more:-)

Going Grocery Shopping with this Beauty!

I have so much fun shopping with Rose. She is walking (and usually staying by my side). And she loves to just talk the whole time. I love having someone give me feedback when I say things like, "Should we get cheese?" or "Do you want to have salad or corn for dinner?" It makes it so much nicer then when I shop by myself because I would still say things like that out loud but now no one stares at me and they think Rose is adorable. She has also started with the heavy lifting of unloading groceries. It's awesome! Plus there is the extra bonus that while I wait for my overflowing cart to be rung up that I can play with her an twirl her instead of staring awkwardly at a cashier who barely says two words.


My Favorite Picture of Me and Ken

I love this picture! We got it drawn at Great America like 10 years ago. I've always loved it so I framed it and it has started us onto a tradition of getting them of our kids too. My dream would be to one day have a huge wall that is filled with carictures like this of every member of the family and all of our grandkids. Kind of like one of those ones that shows the kids school pictures through the years. The only hard things is finding really great Artists.

And for Black Sharpie's that I used to restore my favortie picture to it's former glory!

As you can see in the first picture it has faded over time. So Ken made a couple of copies at Kinko's. The guy at kinko's actually tried to slap him with a thing about how he couldn't copy it because of copyright laws. Can you believe that? Seriously, a picture we had drawn for like $12 10 years ago at a theme park!
Anyway, Ken was able to darken it some on a self-serve machine. But I finished tracing it all off with a Sharpie.

My iPod and Alarm Clock that wakes me up to Music


My iPod needs no explanation, anyone who knows me, knows my obsession.
But my alarm clock is a true gem. This is the world's best invention as far as I'm concerned. I am soooooo not a morning person. But, with this alarm clock, I wake-up happy and am ready to hop out of bed within just a few minutes. It's miraculous!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you all so much when I am away!

Sarah said...

I love those Ghostie feet! I have Claire's hanging up in our living room and I'm going to get them framed asap.

Natasha said...

your so funny I am glad ken is coming home early I know how hard it is on both of you when he is away what a great hubby to rearrange things so he can be home earlier. i love the thing about your Ipod your right you are so not a morning person but im glad you found something that helps you get up. I miss you. Those ghost feet were really cute and I cna only imagine how many comments you get on your adorable rose while shopping and such great boys you guys have raised you could teach me a thing or to.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I loved reading about your favorite things. It really is the simple things in life that bring us true joy.

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

How fun...yay for such awesome kids!

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

stephanie and her music. So funny! I'll never forget freshman year and you blasting your music while you cleaned your room or whatever you did. I don't know anyone who listened to music so loud. Love you for it. :)

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

I would love to see your weight loss progress too! Keep it up! I don't know when I'll have a new picture up, I'm very camera shy! But congrats and thanks for the encouragement!