How to make a fabulous Carmel Apple (Through Rose's Eyes, since this was her BIG initiation year)
Step 1: Sit Around the Table and unwrap a Mountain of Carmels. My parents and brothers keep talking and talking. I can't talk since I am too busy unwrapping teeny tiny wrappers with my teeny tiny hands. Finally, I get one undone. Time to eat it! The 2nd one is much easier to unwrap. Down the hatch it goes! (You get the picture...)
Step 2: Tear open a bag of Chocolate Chips. Make sure to spill a few handfuls on the table and floor. And don't forget the chair so that way your knees end up nice and brown and Tasty! Oh, and make sure to lick your hands when you try and scoop it off the table, YUMMY!



Step 3: Eat Chocolate Chips while Mom and Brothers work. Nathan loves White Chocolate. Look at those knife skills!
Me: "I want Chocolate."
Nathan and Mom (in Unison): "You have to ask nicely"
Me: "I want Chocolate, Say Please."

Darin is a Muscle Man. See all the apples he can carry.

Step 4: Stab each apple repeatedly with a Popsicle Stick. Not just on the top, through the side is alot of fun too. I can actually do that by myself! Over and over again until Mom takes away all my posicle sticks.

Step 5: Make sure "my baby" is ready to make carmel apples, and Dad can come along too. I give Ginger a handful of chocolate chips since I am such a nice big sister!


Step 6: It's time to cover those suckers up! "Mom, do this One!" "Nathan, my turn!" "Darin, this one, this one Darin."
Step 7: Now the Fun really Begins! Dip into melted chocolate. The correct way to do this is to plop it into the full bowl of melted chocolate so it oozes over the edge. Then take you hand and smash it down even further. After it's a gooey glob of chocolatey goodness resist grabbing the whole thing with your hand. (I know, that's the toughest part!) Take the apple and squish it into nuts or chocolate chips.


Here's a picture of our leftovers because we already ate the best 8 or so. And then mom wrapped up the next best 6 for Dad to deliver. I helped her wrap them up by saying, "What's this mom?" "What are you doing mom?" "What's this mom?" "Is it a Plate Mom?" "What are you doing mom?" "Is it a Ribbon Mom?"




9 comments:
Ok, seriously my mouth is now watering! Those look fabulous! And I love Rose's account of the fun! :-)
So cute I love how rose narrated the story for us. funny and those look yummy I want one.
uh... yum...
Yummm...are any of those being delievered to me? Just kidding...I'll come get them...haha!
Yummy, I think I am going to copy you! That looks like so much fun I bet the kids had a blast! I had a question though, what is the butter for? Can you tell I've never made those before?
YUM!! I want some:)
So much fun deliciousness! YUMMY! When is mine arriving? Did you send it priority or overnight? :)
That was too cute to read how to make carmel apples from Rose's eyes. Very sweet!
YUMMY! Those look so-oooo good! I LOVE carmel apples :)
Post a Comment