
1st Course- Darin made little crackers with cheese and Raspberry Sherbet and Sprite for our very pink and bubbly drink.

2nd Course- I made Green Salad with Ranch and homemade rolls.

3rd Course- Ken made Steak and Holey Potatoes. Ken taught the kids how to cook the potatoes faster. Apparently this is a very sacred tradition that is handed down from father to son! Or at least Ken learned it from Grandpa T. So, he taught the boys that if they hammered clean nails into the potato and put it in the oven it would cook in half the time. The boys absolutely loved it and Rose got in on the action too. Here's a slide of them working in the kitchen...
I'll have to thank Ken later when one of our boys ends up in Jail because they made a Caltrop. A Caltrop, as Ken explained it to the boys, is where "you make a weapon that can be used to slow down cars by the police or someone like that and blow out a car's tire." And the boys response was, "Wow!" and "Cooooooolll!" And not only did he say this once, he repeated it like 4 or 5 times. If my boys become menaces to society, you know who to blame!
It's a good thing that they cooked those potatoes faster because the power went out about 30 minutes after we put them in the oven and it stayed out for 3 hours. It's also a good thing that Nathan set the table with candles so we ate by candlelight literally!

Other then that our weekend consisted of sports games mixed in with rushing home to watch recorded sessions of conference (I am so thankful for DVR). Not just for this reason but also for when we fall asleep, which every single one of us did at one point or another.
But we really enjoyed it, it's nice to have that break from regular Sunday activities, we spend more time as a family hanging out between sessions (we played alot of cards), and of course the snacks are yummy. I made a major shopping list the week before to make sure we were stocked with popcorn, M&M's (peanut and plain), fresh pineapple and watermelon, cheese and crackers, wings, and of course we have to have Biscuits and Gravy with the Sunday morning session! The talks were pretty good too. And definately the reminder that I needed to not worry about my house being clean and just enjoy my kids! So all in all it wasn't a bad weekend. Here is a slide of pictures of us from conference.






5 comments:
Okay so this morning I haven't had anything to eat yet and I have been ignoring my hunger pains. . .until now. I looked at your blog and I realized how hungry I am! It all looks so good!!! What a great mommy you are! I am totally going to try the potato thing too!
sounds like lots of fun and yummy to. glad you feel better about your house I thought of you when I heard that. lover ya babe
so much fun! will you cook me friday night dinners too? 3 courses! I'm lucky if there's a side of veggies! I love pres monson's talk too. cute pics, you are all so gorgeous!
I was reading up on your blog and please fill me in on wear you got your berries! I love canning anything I can (ha ha). I did applesauce off my tree last year (in California) and loads of quarts of peaches this year. But our garden is pretty sad still here in Colorado and blueberries don't grow well here any way because of soil ph. I haven't done jam in a couple years and am totally anxious for more home made really good stuff.
Yum, looks like I need to come visit on a Friday:)
Post a Comment