Sunday, October 19, 2008

Friday Night Dinners

This Friday I didn't do our usual Friday Night Dinner. So I will post pictures of last weekends. We had my VT Companion (I guess I should get used to calling her "my friend" now that we are in different wards) and her family over. Seriously, you have to love friends who are fun to play games with and will come over with only a two hour notice.

Darin did the table decorations this time. Notice the pumpkin patch theme.


For appetizers we had stuffed mushrooms (that I made) and mozzarella sticks (that HEB made:-), and apple and banana bread (that Ken burned, but actually tasted pretty good once we chopped off the top 1.5")



For dinner (Ken is still on a red meat kick) we had Tri-Tip, veggies, and funeral potatoes.



Soooo, that's the nice special dinner that I love to make for my family on Fridays. This Friday the boys had a different kind of meal in mind. It consisted of 3 large bags of tortilla chips and 3 large jars of mild nacho cheese. I didn't have the heart to take a picture of this Friday night dinner! Actually I made quite the spread with rice, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, and olives too. But, that seems quite unimportant since not 1 out of the 14 boys at my house had any of it. Yep, that's right 14 boys!

The boys invited all of their buds from our previous ward and our new ward to come chill with them on Friday Night and do Boy Stuff. Actually, it was super easy. The boys were amazingly well behaved, totally loud, but they were awesome! We almost went without a single injury the whole party. There was just a minor one 10 minutes before the party ended. They played air hockey, video games, computer games, card games, outside in the back and on the trampoline, and watched Star Wars. Seriously, I've never seen a swarm of boys crash into our family room as fast they all did when they heard the theme from Star Wars play. It was hilarious!



Our menu was super healthy! For dinner it was nachos and cheese. Dessert was tons of sugar cookies with frosting and Halloween sprinkles and M&M's. And for the movie snack they had popcorn and candy.

The boys had a blast playing with their friends. The girls just wanted to be in the middle of all of it. Me and Ken got our exercise taking a headcount every 15 minutes or so for the duration of the 3 1/2 hour party. It was alot of boys and I was just worried one might get left out. But all the boys did great! We are definately going to have to do it again and hopefully more will show since a few were at the big BYU game.

3 comments:

Reianna said...

Sounds like the boys loved it! That's totally why I want this next baby to be a boy...so we can have fun parties like that.

Jamie and Lindsey said...

You and your parties. You are brave to have a party that big. I can handle 7-8 extra, but 14??? No way! Of course the boys in our ward seem to be an extra handful! Some of their attention spans are like 5 minutes. Nothing like Dallin, it's kind of weird.

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Holy crap, that's a lot of kids! What a great mom to let them have so much fun and fun food too!!!