Last Monday Darin had a Veteran's Day Program at school. I didn't attend because the two girls were sickies but the videos were good. Darin came up with and wrote the script for his and another girls part about the Marines. He did a great job!

Then Monday night for dinner and FHE my Dad came over and shared with us some of his experiences when he was in the Marines. The boys absolutely loved it. They were so excited that Nathan decorated the table for dinner with all of his Army toys.

Darin made up some posters on the computer and hung them around the dining room.


If I had known what a big event it was for the boys I would have made a more exciting dinner, but I had only made Chicken Noodle Soup with Dumplings for Rose. But we did have Brazilian Lemonade.


My Dad was nice enough to give a talk to all the Cub Scouts in our Ward on Tuesday night too. Ken said that the leaders were all very impressed. They had never seen the boys so interested or pay attention as well as they did. My Dad did a great job! And of course the boys all loved to hear about his experiences with fixing, testing, and flying planes. He also shared how he met my mom, and they even loved that too. Who said boys aren't romantics???
5 comments:
How neat! I wish I could have been there to listen too. I am sure he had some great stories, I know the one about meeting your mom was pretty exciting. Your drinks look SO yummy you'll have to tell me how to do that.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm Brazillian Lemonadae Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I formally request the recipe for your lemonade to be posted on our recipe site! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! Hope you all feel better VERY soon!
I hope you feel better soon sorry your all sick but I agree with Staci please post that recipe on our blog when your better of course love ya babe
Your amazing Stephanie!!!! I hope your feeling better.
Post a Comment