Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tree Decorating

It only took 2 days and 4 wall Anchors to make our tree Vertical! This year was a particular challenge for Ken because this was our largest tree so far. Normally they are just as tall but this one was bushy and kept wanting to fall way from the wall.

It took another night to just put the lights on. I can't imagine why when Ken had so many people willing to help. Or at least climb his ladder.


I always forget to take a "Before" Picture of the Family Room, but here are the During-zzz.














Two very tired parents. It's so much fun decorating the tree but trying to keep up with 8 hands delving into the ornaments and wanting to put them on the tree is hard work too!

Here is the After. By far this was my favorite tree we have ever had. I thought it was gorgeous. Unfortunately it dried up 2 weeks after we got it. I think the branches were just too thin and fragile to suck up the water. And part of why I loved it was the droopiness of the ends, it made it look like snow had fallen on it.

This was pretty much our only Christmas Decorations we put out. Which worked out good. It is so large and such a presence in most of our house. You could really see it in the entry, kitchen, and game room so it felt like we had decorated more then we did!

1 comment:

Kelly M said...

I love your tree! It is so big. I bet it smelled wonderful. I love cedar. Your family is adorable.