Thursday, December 31, 2009

That's a Wrap Folks!


We did our Christmas Cards the first week in December, but I am totally lame at sending them out. Seriously lame! I don’t know why but it takes me forever to go to the Post Office. After Christmas I was feeling guilty for not sending them or delivering them to families I love and realized that it wasn’t really Christmas-y so I could deliver it for New Year’s. So I bought a case of sparkling cider to deliver too. Let’s just say I pretty much have most of that case left. So here you go…I will just declare I’m lame. And that’s that, I'm very sorry!

The Tietjen’s Favorites from 2009

Ginger (2 years)

1. Destroying the house! Flooding Mommy’s bathroom, painting the sheets with nail polish, dumping out sprinkles and salt, stamping my footprints on the wall, drawing on our tile with glue sticks, permanent markers on the... (BTW- This all happened in the last month)
2. Bacon! She LOVES Bacon. She swipes half of it before it even makes it to the breakfast table.
3. Running Everywhere! This girl rarely walks it doesn’t matter if it is 3 feet or 3 blocks she is fast! (Which explains a lot of #1 and #2)

Proudest Accomplishment: Breaking into the Pantry! Using my Big Girl Voice!

Rose (3 1/2 years)

1. Camping in California. She walked around saying, “I LOVE Camping!” fifty times each day.
2. Dancing! Going to her Dance Class, dancing with Daddy, and watching Dancing with the Stars with Lola!
3. Cooking with Mommy! Rolls, brownies, bread, or cookies she loves to be in the kitchen!

Proudest Accomplishment: Being Potty Trained! Putting Dishes Away and Setting the Table!

Nathan (9 years)

1. Riding the Tube! “Well, all of it except for when Mom flipped me 10 feet into the air and into the water.”
2. Soccer Seasons! He is super fast, and super INTENSE!!!
3. Seeing WICKED! This one surprised his parents, mom’s musicals are starting to rub off on them:-)

Proudest Accomplishment: Receiving a Special Award for earning the highest grade in his classroom for all 4 of the Subjects the entire school year!

Darin (10 1/2 years)

1. Driving ANYTHING! Especially the boat and go-carts.
2. Riding BART and Cable Cars in San Francisco so we could have the Best Ice Cream Sundaes EVER at Ghiradelli’s!
3. The Air Show in Ft. Worth! 6 hours of non-stop flying fun! It was all that he dreamed it would be!

Proudest Accomplishment: Getting 100% on the Math and Writing TAKS Test!!

Stephanie (Old-finally!)

1. Turning 30 and all the FUN that went with it! Especially the trip with my girlfriends to San Francisco and my party with Ken!
2. The Boys’ Spring Break and Summer Vacations! No crazy schedules just fun days with all my children, when we can travel and explore together!
3. Enjoying all the “SMALL” Moments of caring for my family! My days are filled with small, simple tasks that have created a beautiful life that I cherish!

Proudest Accomplishment: Surviving being a Secretary for 4 different organizations simultaneously! (And everyday wondering what was I thinking???)

Ken (Older)

1. Sunrises on the beach in Cancun with Stephanie! He also really enjoyed the waffles at the hotel.
2. Burying the kids in the sand in Pensacola!(Do you notice a trend???)
3. Coming Home from Business Trips! “I have traveled ALOT this year for work. There is nothing in the world that matches the feeling of being at Home.”

Proudest Accomplishment: Organizing my tools and the garage so a car could be parked in it! (His wife adds it only took 4 years, but I’m proud of him too!)

Phoebe (Oldest—In dog years)

1. Sleeping, snoozing, and laying all around!
2. Sharing Lollipops with Ginger. Ginger licks, I lick, Ginger licks, I lick...
3. Papa! He became my BFF when my family was on vacation.

Proudest Accomplishment: Sneaking naps on the couch!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

so sweet steph thanks for sharing your not totally lame I still haven't sent mine out either

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Steph and Tasha, if your lame then I am really really lame! I never even got around to buying them this year! I gave up a week before Christmas when I didn't think they'd make it to many of my friends and family. THanks for sharing all about your family!