Or You Have to Wonder... How it is possible that things like this happen when our girls have 2 adults in the House providing 24 hour supervision. Seriously, Ken works from home and other then when he is on conference calls he is usually out and about working all over the house. Sometimes sitting in the Family Room, Game Room, or our Room. And this incident happened right in front of his office!
This one was EVEN worse because Me, Ken and both of the boys were watching them this night. Literally--except for the 3 minutes (obviously) it took them to paint their closet floor and walls. But seriously we were all cleaning up bedrooms upstairs so we were in and out of the girls room putting stuff away or helping them But they still managed to wreck havoc on our house...
And then I have to Wonder... Why do I teach them even more ways of how to destroy the house, don't they know enough innately??? For this one I had just taught my week of preschool and dumb me, had them make a page with their footprints. What was I thinking, shouldn't I have foreseen that this would be the result of their "supposed" afternoon nap...
Then there are Other Days when You Have to Wonder... how is it that they can wake-up in the morning and do something so sweet that it makes you cry!
Rose found a copy of the Ensign and was teaching her sister Family Home Evening. (Our default FHE lesson is reading an article from a church magazines and having a discussion about it and playing a game together.) Rose sat Ginger down and taught her the FHE lesson. They even had a prayer. I think it's funny that Ginger sat still longer then she does for our normal FHE's:-)
5 comments:
Would I be a horrible friend if I told you I was laughing out loud when I saw the pictures and even yelled for Troy to come and see what I was laughing at? I've SO been there. And I know you were a better mom that I was when you saw the destruction!! Such sweet little girls (but they do know how to get into a bit of trouble...makes them even more endearing!)
Whoever told you that girls are easier than boys was lying :) So far, I would say boys are tons easier, especially once they start school.
I loved the pictures and just like Jessica, I got Trey to see them hehe... thanks for the giggle, we've been there!!
~Jeannie :)
Oh man, I hate those days when you have to get creative to fix some kind of mess that the kids made. I would love to know how you got Permenate marker off the tile and the paint on the carpet . . . not so fun.
I guess the Lord makes it worth it all when he gives you moments like the FHE lesson. My kids used to pretend they were reading the scriptures to their younger sibblings and they would say things like, " And it came to pass that Nephi listend to Heavenly Father. . . . " Those moments make parenting worth everything!
oh my poor steph and I thought I had it bad well only aubrie gets into stuff like that. I miss you babe and hope it all worked out for you. Love the FHE lesson so cute
Whoa - how could those two cuties make such a mess! And isn't it amazing how FAST stuff like that can happen? I think it must be a girl thing because Isabel can find something to destroy when her brother won't even THINK about doing something like that. But the pictures of them doing FHE is so so cute! So heartwarming!
Post a Comment