Thursday, December 17, 2009

No Wonder I Love Christmas!

I love Christmas! I always have but my children have given me another reason to love it even more...

Why wouldn't I? When they willing handcuff and tie themselves up so I can finally have some peace and quiet!!!

Aww, I'm just kidding because for one thing I don't want peace and quiet. Can you imagine a house full of children being quiet??? That's soooooooo depressing unless they are stuffing their faces with oooey, gooey brownies. Then that would be cute!

Secondly, these boys are way too sweet and amazing. I can remember there were a few times when they were little I could have appreciated tying them up so I could finally clean up a room. But now those days are behind me at least when it comes to The Boys.

However, for this cutie pie I may just break out the bead garland in April!

Heck, why wait that long...Can I just say that today she got into my sprinkles AGAIN! Then stepped in it and complained to me about her feet being dirty!!!

Especially don't let this one fool you.

Just because she is pretty and quiet and serious doesn't mean she can't do her own damage! When he inner hairstylist comes out, you better watch you back. Or at least the back of your head...

Or you just might discover this!

She cut her hair, her sisters, and the worst part...One of my very good friend--Robin's little girls hair. It is so sad too because Ashley was born with a full head of hair. It was just gorgeous and she had tons of curls. So very long and very pretty. And they are now chopped off. I am still completely mortified!

Thankfully, Robin is one of the nicest people I know and this is what she put on her FB: "You can choose your friends and you can choose your hair stylist. But never choose you friend to be your hair stylist, especially when you are both three!" I mean seriously, how did I end up with a friend this gracious and nice???

So on to a Happy Note... another reason I love Christmas is snuggling in front of the fire and the Christmas Tree!

There is just something so comforting after a morning of church to come home, put on the PJ's, break out all the pillows and blankets, and eat breakfast on the floor.


It might have been easier to take a nap if I didn't have 3 kids tackling me.


But when I said it was a little uncomfortable on the floor my little gentlemen hopped up and decided they could bring the mattress from my bed into the family room. Seriously ladies, watch your daughters they are going to be hard to get over!

Of course Rose jumped at the chance to direct the whole project and told her brothers what to do. And then finally she called for her dad and said, "Uhh...Dad, we need a little help in here!" She just says these phrases that are so grown up!

Do you think Ken regretted helping them move our King-size mattress to the family room?

Can you see him??? He is the mound under the comforters! Under the Boys!

I am so glad he isn't the peace and quiet type either!!!

He can be quite the instagator too!

Anyway, after awhile they all calmed down and we were able to cuddle in front of the fire and the Tree while Ken read us Christmas stories. And with the peace and quiet that came I fell right to sleep and had the most delicious nap ever!

I love days like this and this is exactly why I LOVE Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Steph, you have more patience than anyone I know! You're girls sure make you busy! I think since you handle it so well, you just might be blest with a few more kidos :) What a great mommy you are, you're kids are really blest to have you.

P.s You're hair is SO long now. I don't think I have ever seen it so long before.