Monday, March 8, 2010

Trying on Dresses

And so it Begins...the Infamous Daddy/Daughter Debates over Dresses!

Every Sunday morning Ken gets the kids ready for church. I do the girls hair, but he does the rest.

Here is Rose trying to convince her Daddy to let her wear the dress she wants to wear. The dress that Ken thinks is too short and is really Ginger's size now. I would have agreed with him too, I don't think she even ever wore that dress last summer.

But Rose insisted so this is what Ken said, "Rose, I think it's too short, but we can try it on. It has to go past your knees otherwise it is too small."

This is what Rose said in response, "Look, Daddy it's past my knees!" She failed to recognize that she was also bending over:-)

Ken: "Okay, let me button you up and we will see if it is really past your knees. I really don't think it is if you stand up straight."

So Ken had her stand up against the wall and...

Yep, Rose won the debate! She was one happy little girl twirling around in her dress! I have to say, I really hope that their disagreements about dress lengths are this cute and happy when they are both older. I'll have to remind both of them of how patient and nice they were to each other:-)

2 comments:

Ken said...

I am very glad that this discussion went so well. I also really hope that these discussions continue to be so happy! It is just such a good idea to start this when Rose is young!

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Ken, what a good daddy you are being so patient and letting her try it on. I am glad it worked out so well. I have to admit, she does look very pretty in it.