So far he is 0-3. So if our children are supposed to come to something between now and Sunday don't hold your breath:-)
That's okay though because we love him and I like that mom has pretty big shoes to fill. Plus he is the PERFECT Daddy for our family!
Even though I am totally busy I just had to post this. I stayed up way too late last night and Ken let me sleep in. More like he decided to never wake me up even though I asked him to because I needed to be at the boys school early. I woke-up to find the girls happily playing.
Too bad Rose was supposed to be at Preschool at the time! Which Ken didn't remember until I reminded him and preschool was already half over. The girls obviously did not care. I couldn't even get them to look at the camera for this picture, they were so mesmerized putting together puzzles with their Daddy!
Yesterday, he spent a couple of hours at the Boys School helping in their Pflex classes (he helps out in them whenever he is in town). They are doing RoboLab right now and programming their projects. Nathan and Darin have been very happy to have their Dad around last week and this week to help them with their upcoming competition.
Nathan's robot is pretty complicated. Ken arranged to borrow the software from one of our friends, and spent a bit of time trying to figure out a problem Nathan has run into.
Too bad he took Darin, Nathan, and Ginger to pick up stuff for robotics during the time when Nathan was supposed to be at Soccer Practice!

Then there was last night when Ken was in Charge of Family Home Evening. Then time just slipped by too quickly and...Well, we got a few of the basic concepts out of it. We were Family, we were Home, and we had Fun!
It's Cartwheel Time!
And trying to stand on their heads!
Which of course Daddy's of little girls that insist on wearing pajamas 24/7 still make them be modest before Mom can take a picture:-)
Here are little sisters that think they are one of the boys and can lift them up!
But Big Brothers show them how it is really done!
Then we had to add flying through the air like you're on a trapeze, then Daddy throws you way, WAY up high into the air and catches you!
Look at Rose's face, she is one happy little girl!
There was lots of clamoring for Daddy's attention, so they could get snuggles! Ginger moved this chair over in the middle of the craziness so she could reach higher since pulling on his legs wasn't working.
And Big, Tall Boys who want to be thrown into the air too!
Or still think they are little enough to climb up their Dad's body and flip over!
Umm, yeah...I think he has gotten just a smidgen too big! What do you think???
The boys agreed, maybe they were too big for flips and tricks. In fact maybe they were SO big that they could wrestle their Dad and WIN! (Seriously, no joke they thought they would win!)
Here's the results...
Whew! That is one TIRED Daddy!
We love him so much! I am so thankful he is home to support me this week as I get ready for Youth Conference. Our kids have been so happy!
It is such a reminder that even though I can shuffle them from place to place and make sure that they are taken care of when he is on business trips, that is NO replacement compared to having another parent around to love and care for them. I'm not the only one with big shoes to fill!
This morning when I overheard him feeding the girls breakfast (at 10:45 am BTW:-) Rose asked, "Daddy after I eat breakfast can I have Dessert?" It was so, so, sooooo cute!
5 comments:
Awesomest post ever!
Love, love, love that! You are such a great mama! What a treasure it all is, and will be in the future.
p.s. how's Darin's average? I gave him a vt note to give you Sunday :)
Dad's might not be on top of stuff like moms but they sure know how to have fun! Those are some really sweet pictures. I am sure the kids could careless if they miss things, as long as daddy can play with them.
This made me smile! I love your family! The pictures of Ken with the kids reminded me of my dad and all the fun tricks that he used to do with us when we were little. Thanks for all of your help with Youth Conference! You are amazing!
This was a GREAT post. What a great wife you are to recognize the IMPORTANT things. We miss your family!
Post a Comment