We did almost everything I wanted to the rest of the day (read the post below, that was for everything before 3 pm, this is after 3 pm)! Pretty much the only thing missing was playing cards with dinner.
This is our house with all the snow!
Oh my Goodness, this is one happy girl! Rose picked up chunk after chunk of snow and ate it.
Nathan and his Buddy (in the picture after) ran around crazy chasing each other and having snowball fights.
I talked to Ginger into giving the snow another chance. She was pretty unsure about actually walking on it.
Ginger sure is cute though, rockin her winter wear!
Hmmm, let's see what Darin is up to. Both of the girls flocked to him. What can I say, this Big Brother makes them feel comfortable.
And she touches snow for the first time in her little two year old life!
Darin did what he does best. He went and got tools to help him build a snowman.
His plans kind of fizzled after one little sister kept grabbing chunks to eat and the other started stomping in his little mountain. He totally didn't care though!
Here is another friend who came to play! We love this family. He totally entertained Ginger too and got her to swing on the swings just like him!
The boys got pretty clever. They wanted to build a snow-something (depending on who you were talking to the plan changed every other minute, snowman, castle, life-size replica of themselves, it's all the same:-)
They pushed the snow off the top of their Dad's car. That's way easier then scraping it up from the grass!
Our engineer outlasted everyone with building his Tower. Which I think he ended up smashing to pieces with a shovel before he came in!
Seriously, just like when he was 2 build it, then smash it! BTW- I taught him how to do that cause that's the way I play:-)
One last dance with my baby in the Snow! Nathan was the handsome photog behind the next few pictures. I love that cutie boy, it was mom's turn to be followed around with the camera.
Warming up Ginger's cold little hands and feet requires a bunch of kisses...
A ton of Cuddles and about 3 blankets. You can't see all the special blankies underneath.
Can you tell she is back in pajamas again. Seriously, she walks in and pretty much demands to be put in them immediately. She lives in her pajamas, literally. We have whole drawers full of clothes that she never wears.
After our friends left we switched modes. Nathan had bugged me all day long if he could light the fireplace. It is a coveted role that Ken has never let them do yet. But well, he is out of town (just for two days, but of course the most exciting two days) and Mom is fairly relaxed. That's probably an understatement. I operate more in the mode of "if they can physically do it they are probably ready for it." Even when that means they climb on top of their playhouse when they are 2. And then as the are older it's more of well "We'll know if it was more then they can handle if they end up getting hurt."
What's that?? Nobody ever wants me to watch their kids again, really I can't imagine why:-) Seriously, I'm way more careful with other people's children, like really I am.
Anyway, Nathan turning on the gas.
Then this is Nathan after the "Whoops, maybe not such a great idea to let him light the fire, but that was hilarious!"
Here he re-created his expression from the "Whoops!" He moved so fast that the picture I took was blurry. But I was sitting right next to him supervising the whole fire lighting. He turned on the gas and I am calmly explaining how to approach it and light. And he was messing with the lighter and says, "like this" and leans forward just a bit and the gas caught on fire about a foot in front of the fireplace. Nathan was kneeling at the time and did one leap backwards into a kneeling position, five feet further away. He was one fast little boy!
Here is his beautiful fire! No kids were harmed in the making of it! Amazingly I just have to add after the episode Darin was like Hello, Fire Safety.
Darin, Nathan, and Rose cuddled up and read some books in front of the fire while I baked our cookies. Ginger was taking a late nap.
After dinner it was time for cookies! Yummy!
Then time to climb in mom's bed for some cuddles and our movie, Miracle in Lane 2 (which we all were practically crying at the end) It was about a disabled Soap Derby Racer. Papa took our picture because he and Lola were watching the Olympics, well at least he was inbetween coming and watching our movie too.
I love my bed, and I love to have our whole family in it with me! The girls have taken that to mean that they should sleep in it for all their naps and at night too. Suprisingly when Ken came home from his trip to Italy last week, even though Ginger was still sick, she told her dad that he sleeps in Mommy's bed. Then Ken asked her where she sleeps, and she said in her room. And she actually did it, which totally floored us! Well, she did for 4 hours which is pretty much the same thing to us. We don't mind the kids coming into our bed in the middle of the night so long as we have a few hours to ourselves.
PS- This is also my new wall color I just finished painting our upstairs guest room. Which also happens to be Ken and I's new master suite, without so much of the master part since it is much smaller then our real master suite. We moved our room upstairs in December because I really felt like the girls needed us closer at night and I wanted to use our game room more as an upstairs family room (hoping it would keep the downstairs cleaner).
It worked on both accounts, but it wasn't just the girls who needed us closer. Everyone loves being on the same floor. Except for the few times when Ken and I look at each other and at our walls and think this is a little close. Let's hope our house sells soon!
2 comments:
Wasn't that so fun! I love your pictures - you can tell that all your kids LOVED the snow!
Steph, you always have such a good time with your kiddos! They look so happy!
Snow is fun, I think you Texans took all of ours. We've had pretty warm weather
lately . . . .no snow for awhile now.
Post a Comment