Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Lightning Thief

For Darin's Birthday Party we took him and his friends to the Lightning Thief. We had this party planned since October when we first saw the preview and saw that the movie came out the weekend after Darin's birthday.

Our boys were really into this series over Summer 2009 so it was perfect timing. Pretty much every single one of his buddies is into this series too. Think Twilight--except for pre-pubscent boys!

I tried to get a picture of all of them in the theatre, but that didn't work. I just have to say that it took 3 movie workers to carry in all of their snack paks. And a lady stood behind me in line 90% of the time while I was patiently waiting and then getting my order filled, only to huff off into a different line and was still waiting after I was done. I totally warned her like 3 times that I had a really big order. Sometimes I really don't understand people.

And they say girls take a long time in the bathroom:-) It took 15 minutes for all the boys to go after the movie. Here is the birthday boy waiting.

Mass exit to the cars. We've never taken this many kids to the movies. I wish we had pictures of them in the car. They were non-stop analyzing the movie. The jist of it...They liked the movie, and then here is a list of 50 million things they did wrong. Seriously, they are die hard fans. To be honest the movie really was not much like the book, which was a disappointment to me. The boys did love it though!

Back at home we did a cookie cake. Darin is still not a fan of frosting although he will eat it occasionally.



Me and my very first baby! I just have to say I was pretty much just as exhausted as I was the day I had him. His birthday week was an endless week of parties, preschool, and meetings.

Darin said this was his best birthday ever! He had alot of fun, but mainly I think he felt more grown-up.

Darin's party was not quite the best day for Rose. Man was she upset about all of leaving her and Ginger with a sitter while Ken and I took the boys to the movies.

Then there was the fact that all these boys were in the way stealing all of her brother's attention!

And lastly, she was mad because she wants it to ber her birthday. And she wants to open presents. And her birthday is not for another 3 months. Poor, Poor Rose.

Honestly, it wasn't just Rose. At one point or another in Darin's various celebrations each of his siblings had a crying fit of jelously. He is the nicest big brother though and kept trying to make them feel better. While I gave them the deadly threat that if they didn't change their attitude immediately and start being happy for their brother, then I would not be happy for them when it was their birthday. Everyone knows you don't mess with Mom about birthdays. So they would stop, but they still pouted a bit. Talk about J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y! I don't know what they are going to do when he turns 16.

No comments: