I have big plans for my children the rest of today that include:
Playing with friends
Playing with friends in the Snow
Eating warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies and sipping Hot Chocolate with marshmellows
Lighting the Fireplace (for like the 6th or 7th time in 5 years:-)
Laying in a puddle of blankets and pillows reading books in front of the fireplace
Playing cards while we eat dinner
Watching a movie with Mom
Cuddling, Snuggling my babies in bed
It Snowed...in TEXAS!!!
Today would have been a great day without the snow, but now it is AMAZING!
I woke-up early, worked out, woke my boys up early enough that they could do scripture study, made them a warm breakfast of bacon, eggs, and rice, drove them to school, and even made delicious casserole for dinner tonight all before 8 am. I'm just saying this so I have proof that there were flashes of moments when I was not completely lame morning mom because last week was awful with Ginger and I being sick the boys had to fend for themselves in the morning. **Another reason we are so sad when Ken is on business trips, he does the whole morning routine normally**
So what with my being like 4 hours ahead of my normal day, I had tons of time to fret over this...
It started snowing as soon as I got home from taking the boys to school. It rarely snows in Austin. Like maybe 1-2 times a year but it has only ever stuck (as in an itsy, bitsy 1 inch on the grass) like 2 times since we have lived here. So when I see it starting to stick to the roofs I became obssessed with the weather broadcasts. It was supposed to snow until this afternoon, then clear up and just be right at freezing the rest of the night.
I couldn't handle that. I mean seriously, my kids missing out on all of the snow falling? ME missing out on seeing the JOY in their face as the snow falls? NO WAY!
So I held out and waited until 10 am and picked them up early from school. You have no idea how giddy, happy, and bouncy I am over this snowfall!
Darin went straight for his remote control car, of course!
The boys were so happy to see me. They came running down the main hall and gave me the HUGEST hug and smile. Then whispered are you taking us home because it's snowing? (with this pretty please puppy dog look on their faces) It was so cute.
The ladies in the office were not quite as cute. They asked me like 5 times why I was taking them out. Ummm, because they have an appointment. I totally didn't lie! I just said they have an appointment, not a doctors appointment, just a plain appointment to have fun with their mom!
Ginger was not a fan of the snow. she only stayed outside for a minute. Which is probably pretty good since she just had pnemonia last week. She still has pajamas on, because my girls are obssessed with them. I just put her pants on underneath and her coat on top and did the whole schoo drop off thing.
The boys had a ton of fun on Tramp! They slipped and fell quite a bit, but this was also the best accumulation of snow so far.
Thanks to my clean and organized closet I was able to pull out snow gloves pretty quickly! I only say that because we just cleaned up our closet and organized it like two weekends ago:-)
The cutest little Doorwoman EVER! She stayed inside but whenever I ran out to check on the kids she would stay by the door and open it for me when I came running back in.
Ginger also helped me make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
So Utah friends and Alaska family will probably totally laugh that I declared it our family snow day because of this much snow!
But it is a TON to us!
The boys came in after an hour and half when Lola and Papa stopped by with donuts. Lola was playing hooky (or cookie according to Ginger) this morning.
I picked up Rose from her preschool and she basked in the snowfall too. "Snow is White Mommy!" "Snow is kind of cold, Mommy!" "Snow tickles my ears Mom!"
By this time it was snowing HUGE flakes, like as big as a silver dollar!
Then inside for more donuts and Hot Choclate!
And telling Lola to be safe because she can't play hooky all day long!
And playing inside with toys as it snows like crazy!
**The snow has stopped now at 2 pm. High School ended up being dismissed at 12:30pm, Jr. High at 1:30pm, but Elementary Students had to attend the whole day. I think that is so messed up and very sad. I am glad that I took them out of school so we could enjoy this special time together.
They weren't letting the kids go outside at the boys school. In fact the teachers were taking the kids out to the big front doors on their way to specials to watch the snow fall. It was so sad, the little kindergartners were in awe and then practically in tears when they had to leave. One little boy said, "But I've never touched snow before." Even the teachers were giddy about it, they would drop their class off at specials and then walk outside and twirl in the snowfall.
There is something very special about Snow!
6 comments:
What a great mom you are Stephanie! After hearing your itinerary for the day I was about to bundle up the boys and come join you!! :)
Sorry, not quite sure why it is saying my name is Young Women theme...going to look into that, but this is Holly L. ;)
Sounds like a fun day! That's a lot of snow on the trampoline! I love the pic of Ginger cooking with the Kitchen-Aid!!! So cute!
I am so glad you got the boys and had a fun bonding day! They all look so incredible cute. I am so glad that this week is turning out to be a much better week after the hard one last week! I am really happy and proud that you are lighting out our children's lives with wonderful opportunities like this.
what a great mommy you are. that looks like you guys had so much fun. tayler is our one that doesn't really like the snow or cold but the girls love it. glad you had a fun snow day
Post a Comment