Friday, August 22, 2008

Ft. Worth

Last week we took another trip to Ft. Worth for a few days (I know, yet another trip!) We are completely "hotel-ed" out! Anyway, Ken went to see a client, and the rest of us tagged along. Since we are so behind in getting ready for school, we actually spent 3 1/2 hours of our first day there shopping for school supplies. After that the kids and I hung out at the hotel swimming, playing games, and watching movies. Really the most notable thing we did the first day was that the boys were extrememly excited that they ate Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner at McDonald's. I don't know how good that really is, but they loved it! They got lots of happy meal toys, Darin got one that flipped, that Ginger flipped for too:-) It was a pretty good day, and I loved watching all my children interact and play with each other all day long. It was definately a very good sibling day!

The second day we were more adventurous. After swimming at the hotel pool in the morning, we went to a meteorite museum on the TCU campus. It was pretty cool, plus we were the only people in the entire museum (granted it was only 4 or 5 rooms big). But it was pretty neat having an entire museum to ourselved, and we spent a good 2 hours there and it was fun. Rose slept through the whole museum, but Ginger was totally mobile and loved crawling around and playing with the different spotlights on the floor. The boys loved the meteor simulator game on a computer.

After the museum we went to a water park for a very late lunch. This wasn't a swimming and slide water park. It's an actual park that is only made up of waterfalls in the middle of downtown Ft. Worth. It was pretty cool. There is pictures of the boys climbing to the bottom of one of the waterfalls. They also had steps that mirrored the waterfall going up on the land that Rose climbed and laid down on.

We spent the rest of ur time in Ft. Worth doing things we could have done at home. Things like finding one red folder, one orange folder, one purple folder, etc (and of course the only ones in stock are yellow, blue, and black, right:-) But eventually 3 store later we were victorious! And I changed out a couple of fuses in my car so that way my iPod adapter would work again. That was something I have never done and so what if I ended buying the wrong size first! It wasn't a particulary thrilling trip, but it felt worthwhile and we had fun together. And Ken's trip paid off for his work so that's always a good thing too. And now we are glad to be home again.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

wow are you not vacationed put yet holy crap girl you have had so many trips this summer but that water park looks cool

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Okay your kids aren't going to need a vacation until they are teenagers (which actually isn't that far away. . .kind of scary). That water park is awesome!!! I'd love to have something like that here. I guess we have something that compares, but there are no waterfalls at our water park.

Robin said...

I can see why you love to be at home so much during the year. I don't know anyone who travels as much as you, and you do it w/ 4 kids!