Friday, August 22, 2008

My Baby is Growing Up

Ginger is growing up way too quickly and it's so sad. She has stopped nursing even though I keep trying to interest her. Which either doesn't work at all, or she does this thing where she flips on to her tummy, gets up on her knees, and twists from side to side all while she is attached. So that reminds me of why I wanted her to take a bottle in the first place. However I don't want to relinquish it all together even though she is done, so I keep getting my heart broken everyday as I try to nurse just one last time. I know, it's crazy, but I've been doing this for two weeks now.

Other signs that she is getting older involve her teeth. She has had her two bottom front ones since she was 5 months old. And 4 1/2 months later her first top tooth has finally broken through. It happened last week and I felt so badly for her. She was miserable which she normally isn't at all.

And the biggest sign that she won't be a baby for much longer has hit us...She is now walking!!! Seriously, she isn't even 10 months old and she has taken multiple steps tons of times (she is up to like 8 steps now). She loves walking and climbing. She climbs our stairs, climbs onto toy boxes, climbs onto toddler chairs, we can't stop her. She is always on the go.
This past weekend Lola took us out to get Ginger her first baby shoes, like she has with all of the others. Well, we hit 3 stores before we got to Stride Rite and Ginger was onto her second nap before we got to her store. She slept through her whole shoe fitting. When she woke up she had her first pair of shoes on kept looking at them, then of course she pulled on the shoelaces. When we stood her up she just kept stomping one foot and then looking at it. She was so cute. I bet she will be totally walking all over the house in the next couple of weeks. Ginger is just so independent, and I was supposed to have more time. Even Darin didn't walk this early.

And now at night she has started to get mad that she doesn't race up the stairs with her brothers. We have a little ritual that after prayer is over and the boys give us hugs and kisses, that me and Ken will detain the boys a little bit with calls for more hugs or more kisses as Rose runs to the stairs and waits for her brothers to chase her. They laugh and scream and giggle all the way up the stairs trying to beat each other, and Ken sometimes too, then Ken and Rose will tuck the boys into bed. Now our little baby Ginger thinks she should hone in on the action too. She starts screaming at her Dad, like "Take me! Take me!" whenever the other kids start to go. It's so sad, she is already thinking she should be part of the big kids.

Here are some videos of my smiley baby. She loves to pull hair, and she always sticks her toungue out. In the background my room is a diaster but that's only on Ken's side of the room, right:-)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW Walking!!! Man a lot has changed in just a week! She was so close when I saw her last and now it looks like she's about to run around the whole house!

I love the video of her walking (Rose, of course, in her swimsuit!) back and forth to you and Darren. She's so adorable!

Natasha said...

wow walking and tryigng to run up the stairs with the big kids holy cow. I miss you so much I really enjoyed the video's of you and ginger it was fun to see you even if it's just in a video

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I can't believe she's old enough to walk! Her laugh is so cute, I had to laugh myself when I heard her.

Reianna said...

She really is growing up. How quickly time passes.

Robin said...

This post REALLY makes me feel like I haven't seen you in forever...at least not w/ Ginger. She hasn't lost any cuteness, that's for sure!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

How adorable...they do grow up way too fast! And you are absolutely insane! I'm tired just from reading about your adventures!!! Good luck when school starts, I hope you don't slip into a coma from the lack of adventure!