Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Nathan!!!

Man, it's been a week and half since Nathan turned 8! (It took us that long to recover from his party:-)

I can't believe my "cuddly baby" is 8 years old, and he is baptized now too! It seems not too long ago that he was attached to me and Ken's legs 24/7 (that happened until he was 2.5). Or that we would put the boys to bed, to only 10 minutes later (after Darin fell asleep) have our toddler boy (from the time he was 2-5 year old)sneak back downstairs for an extra hour or so of Mom and Dad time to himself.

Nathan is so full of joy. If your around him for just a few minutes you can't help but smile and get an energy buzz. He just vibrates with happiness, and I mean vibrate literally. He is always doing funny things to make us laugh and wants everyone (including little sisters who are throwing fits) to be happy. He is so willing to sacrifice things he wants to try and make other people happy. We are very very proud of the young man he is growing up to be. And he is still my cuddly baby and always gives me extra kisses, what more could I ask for!
The poor guy only got one present from us (Parents, Darin, and Sisters). The one present wasn't even anything he asked for. Aren't we horrible??? But we thought that we knew him best and we got him a DS Lite. For any of you who don't have the privilage to know what that means, it is a Gameboy. But not only that but a gameboy that beats all gameboys. It can connect wirelessly to other game boys and chat, go online, dual screens, etc... He didn't even dare to hope we would ever get him something that awesome for his birthday. Darin wrapped it up of course in 3 different boxes because we totally had to trick him. He loved it! The gameboy I mean, he didn't particularly love all of our teasing or Darin's wrapping of his present.Nathan was very particular about the food he wanted for his birthday. For Breakfast it was Hot Chocolate with whipped cream and Biscuits and Gravy. Lunch was popcorn, soda, and candy at the movies theatre (we took him to see Wall-E). Dinner was Chicken Wings with Macaroni and Cheese. Anyway, I got new dishes this past week, Ken totally loves the new mugs and bowls. Doesn't every kid need to have a Hot Chocolate the size of his head on his birthday! Except for us it's not limited to birthdays, it's any time Ken has Hot Chocolate in the morning. Which since Ken's Dad spoiled him with hot breakfast every morning in Alaska when he was growing up, that would make it pretty much everyday of the week that Ken wants hot cocoa. (I know it's amazing that the man doesn't weigh 500lbs. One day I will have to write a whole post on all of his chocolate habits:-)My Sister's family came up for Nathan's birthday dinner and party, and the baptism the next day. We played Deal or No Deal. Nathan LOVED it! He was so excited and kept rushing ahead of "Howie". I picked up an electonic version that Howie ran and narrated the show. We had little briefcases on one wall that the "model" took care of, and the money board that another one manned, and of course the banker. The kids took turns doing each one and getting to be a contestant. And for fun we threw in little dares.

3 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I totally remember Nathan staying awake at night! When we visited in 2004 he was there at night with us adults while all the other kids were in bed.
It looks like Nathan had a great time on his birthday, I am glad you got to spoil him.

sockiepuppetsmom said...

That hot cocoa looks SUPER yummy!! I'm glad we were able to be there for his special weekend.

Reianna said...

It looks like Nathan had a great birhtday. We will have to play deal or No Deal the next time we come up.