Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm in Mourning

Tonight 4 wards in our Stake met at a special fireside, and 6 wards came out of it. While I am excited for the change, our ward was getting pretty big. I am also very deeply sad. For the past 2 years I have had a truly wonderful sister as my Visiting Teaching Companion and now we are in different wards and I will miss serving with her so much. I've never felt so bonded to my VT companion before, in fact I would say before being companions with her it was more of a chore instead of something I looked forward to each month. She has taught me so many things, has been the answer to my prayers as she has served me, and has touched my heart forever. I will miss chatting it up with our sisters and throwing parties together. I know it is not the end of the world that we are in separate wards, she doesn't even live 2 miles away. But there is something special that forms when you serve together and I will miss that. She truly is a gem and her new companion had better cherish her!

The boys are a little sad that most of their friends and cub scouts will be in our old ward as we move onto a new one. But hopefully we will find that our new ward is flush with 8 and 9 year old boys. The good news is they are signed up to play sports with a few of their buds this fall. And I am hosting the Pinewood Derby Kick-off this Friday (even though my boys will be in a different ward for it) and they will get to have a chance to say goodbye to their old Pack. And you can bet it's going to be a big party! They asked me how big with these huge smiles on their faces, and my answer is, "As big as Daddy let's me!" There is nothing like a good party to get over being sad.

6 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

That's awesome that you were able to have that kind of friendship. Just reading that makes me want to be a better companion. It's not that I am a bad companion now, but I know my companion wouldn't say those things about me. You definatly should tell her how you feel (you probably have already). I hope you feel better Steph.

Corbett Family said...

I'll be your new visiting teaching companion! My awesome partner is also in the other ward and I will miss her lots (but still plan to hang out with her--she won't be able to get rid of me). I'm happy that you and I will be in the same ward!

sockiepuppetsmom said...

Change isn't fun but it usually ends up being a good thing.

Natasha said...

Yeah party time. Sorry your ward got split that sucks that you lost your companion but I know you and you will have so much fun in your new ward meeting new people who don't know what a nut you are yet. Love ya

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Just think, now you get to establish that kind of relationship with another person! You just can't help yourself, your personality is to infectious! I wish our ward would be disbanded, it's just too small, there aren't enough people to fill positions...super frustrating!!! So hopefully your next ward won't be that small, but from the sound of it, your new ward will continue to grow and soon they'll have to split you again!!!

Robin said...

You are a wonderful friend, Stephanie, and I am really going to miss having you in my ward. Your "new" ward is full of awesome people and there are some that you will get to know better through this change. Pretty soon, we will be reading posts about how much you LOVE your new ward and how much better it is than the last...as if that could happen. :)