Thursday, April 1, 2010

Another Stamp in Our Passports!!!

We absolutely LOVED our vacation! Before I get to the good stuff, I'm going to post about the actual travel experience. Before I totally gush about how amazing my little family is let me just preface it by saying I had mentally prepared myself to enjoy our flight no matter what. Mainly because I had visions of our cutie pie Ginger showing her full-fledge Terrible Two-ness and my attached at the hip Rosebud freaking out on our flights.

How wrong was I??? It was crazy, they were so wonderful! I shouldn't have even been scared because they are usually good travelers. It's just that last year was our Road Trip year, we spent 53 days on the road, and didn't take a single flight. Well, at least as a family.

Here's the happy guys at 6:00 am, after only 5 hours of sleep the night before no less.

We flew out from Houston because we had a whole plan to take the kids to the temple and play around a little before we left. That part didn't quite work out because it took us way, way to long to pack up and leave town.

Ginger loves her Daddy! I had a major goal to win her over to my side during our vacation. It worked some-what!

Who wants to go on vacation?

Ken, I, and the girls slept through almost the whole flight. The boys loved playing their DS. And apparently were super incredible because as we were debarking the stewardess told us about 6 times how good there were.

Hanging out in Miami for a couple of hours before we flew to Grand Cayman.

I just wanted to post the next picture because I love that Gingers hair just curls at the ends.

There's my baby girl.

The second flight Rose came into our row.

The girls did good with books and coloring. Rose especially loved the beverage service.

I also did both of the girls hair to the amazement of the stewardess and passengers.

My handsome boys! They were incredible, helping us haul around all of the girls gear around. Especially in Miami- that is one big airport!

The rest is Phase Two, Going Home...
So, in the Taxi on the way to the airport to go home Ken and I look at each other and realize that we forgot to pick up Rose and Ginger's favorite blankies from the hotel laundry service. The blankies were smelling pretty bad that morning while we were packing up and Ken asked the hotel if they could rush them.

Oh, and did I mention that we were running totally late.

The hotel called us like 2 minutes after we realized we forgot them. The concierge ended up sending the blankets with the next taxi driver and I met them outside the airport. It was fabulous!!! I walked into the airport with those two very special blankies washed, folded, ironed, hung, and wrapped in plastic like my girls were little movie stars.

Oh, and did I mention that the hotel did this all free of charge!

Now that is what I call Pure JOY!

Hanging out at the Airport. They really were angels!


Ginger (who is pretty much ALWAYS hungry) loves to dip anything. Especially these crackers with cheese.


Bye-Bye Grand Cayman:-(



In Miami, after we went through Customs we had to go through Security again. Well, that part didn't go very smoothly. We were stopped twice by security.

Really, this guy looks pretty menacing. Especially since he tried to sneak a Capri Sun past security. I think it's pretty interesting that he made it through 3 other security checks with it in his backpack before getting caught.

Okay, and this one was actually more serious. So serious that he wouldn't let us take his picture after his run-in with the law. Darin didn't realize that he left his scissors in his backpack. And we aren't talking about little blunt tip scissors. He had sharp full-size scissors confiscated.

So, I think my boys are getting older because they aren't quite as amused when I make them take pictures by goofy things. But how could I pass up the opportunity to take a picture of my Nathan by Nathan's. Nathan's is apparantly a famous hot dog chain that has been around since 1916.

We had a 7 hour layover in Miami on the way home. Just like all of our traveling it was pretty awesome. We had alot of fun waiting around. Played some games!

Ate some food. The food was actually the only bad part of our trips.

The girls were best buds! At one point, they gave us a heart attack though. I was going through pictures of our trip, the boys were playing their DS, and Ken was reading a book. And somewhere my mother ears just zoned in on "Rose saying one, two, three...ready or not here I come!"

I pretty much gasped, freaked, and hit Ken's leg simultaneously as I scanned the area of Ginger. I couldn't see her anywhere and it felt like F-O-R-E-V-E-R before a stranger pointed and said she's right there. Ginger had run to the end of the row of chairs and hid underneath. Oh, and I should mention about 8 strangers sitting around us thought it was the cutest thing ever and were chuckling about the girls little game.

1 comment:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

Your trip looks like So much fun! I am so glad you could get away and celebrate your family. . .there is nothing better to celebrate. I love the picture of you all on the bed. It looks like real life.