This year was by far our best General Conference with all 4 of our children. Rose and Ginger did AMAZING! They were happy with food and the coloring packets our ward always send out.
Darin didn't do the packets as much this year, maybe he is growing up. But, part of it was also because it was pretty relaxing.
When Ken went to the Priesthood Session I took the opportunity to do something fun with the kids. The last year or so I have tried to make sure we are doing a special activity while Ken is gone. Mainly because he has major plans for when Darin will get to go with him to the Priesthood Session. Ken's pretty excited and now Darin only has one more session to go before he gets to go with Dad. Anyway, I know Nathan will be major jealous so we try to have fun. And maybe this is too future thinking or whatever, but I didn't want it to seem like all of a sudden I'm making being at home fun just because Darin got to go have fun with Dad.
We colored eggs together. I was really surprised at how much my boys loved it. They really anjoyed drawing their designs with crayons and then coloring them. The girls really loved it too.
Uh-Oh Rose spilled the purple die all over the table, me (my leg was stained for days), and the tile floor. Whoops!
Darin with his Tank.
Kisses from my Baby
Our final product.
Rose's hair is growing out. She cute her hair 4 months ago pretty much to her scalp. I love this picture with all of her spiky hair.
The boys were incredibly helpful. It reinforces to me how that when we can just relax and have fun together that children just want to please you. Too bad we can't be completely relaxed all the time:-(
Darin just volunteered to throw the trash for me. I love when that happens!
I was cleaning up the stain on the tile and Nathan asked me if I wanted him to do it. Seriously, the boys were amazing this night! I'm just saying because as I write this blog my boys aren't being all that helpful:-)
After we colored eggs we made sugar cookies.
The boys were obsessed with making snails of all things.
Easter morning we had the kids close their eyes before we gave them their baskets.
I am so glad I captured the looks on their face when they opened their eyes.
Darin was pretty happy to find $10 in his basket.
Nathan liked the toys.
Rose LOVED her Books. So did Ginger.
The kids waited anxiously while their Dad hid eggs.
Egg Hunt Time!
After all the Easter fun it was back to watching conference. We really loved it this year. But, we all got a little sleepy too:-)
1 comment:
I just love the way you do conference! I've been doing the packets and snacks for the past few years and my kids LOVE conference every 6 months! They get excited and amazingly they listen really well too. What a difference it makes to prepare for such a special day.
Post a Comment