Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Beware of Cubs!

This is year was Nathan's year to make a spectacular cake for the Blue and Gold. Last year the frosting melted and his cake fell apart so it was very important to get it just right!

We spent about 10 hours making his cake, and I didn't even make they cake. We bought an ice cream cake from the store and then Nathan went to town decorating the top. Ken was stuck in Rome because of the volcanic ash from Iceland so he wasn't able to make it home on time.

This is us making Trees for his forest scene...





Then we made picnic table out of pretzels and chocolate. As you can see everyone was pitching in to help Nathan. Or in other words everyone was having so much fun making their own creations while Nathan worked on things for his cake.


Ginger certainly enjoyed her job as quality control officer:-) She felt it was her duty to taste everything, just to make sure it was good.

I look at this picture and think..."Yes, that is one tired Mommy" At least we had fun projects to work on while Ken was gone. It's very hard for the kids when he is gone over the weekend.

Darin made a TeePee, but it was nixed on the final cake. Nathan was very particular about what he would put on the cake. Which meant it was pretty much only his stuff.


The Big Reveal... Nathan is a Bear, so his theme was to Beware of Cubs/Bears are Dangerous. He made a forest scene with fish (very important to him), a picnic area, and a car. Then he put bear paw prints all over it destroying everything. He smashed the car, broke the picnic tables and everything.

The rest is from the Blue and Gold Banquet.

Ginger had fun dipping her chips into her soda and eating them. Ginger really likes to dip things it doesn't really matter what she is dipping them into--she just loves it!


Nathan with his cake!

Rose thought the skits the dens did were hilarious. She was laughing like crazy!

Unfortunately this is the only picture I took of Nathan getting his award. He won the most intricate or something like that. I can't remember exactly.

Presenting facts about Cub Scouts

This is the cake we won. Which we pretty much dived into in the parking lot of the church. All the kids took handfuls and stuffed their faces. It was way yummy!

So Darin worked forever on building this plane out of chocolate. He was pretty bummed that his time for decorating cakes has come and gone. But he worked pretty diligently to make this plane any free time he had the next two days. I love that my boys still get excited about stuff like this.

2 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I LOVE the Bear cake, SO creative! The airplane was awesome too!
I think that's some real talent right there!

Lisa said...

The Bear cake is awesome!!! That car smashed up is so smart! And I'm impressed he did it w/out the help of his crafty Mom!