Saturday, May 15, 2010

House Thoughts

It's interesting how my feelings fluctuate on a daily (make that hourly basis) about our house. Here's what I love:
* The space and openness
* The railing in our gameroom
* Our staircase and art niches
* We all LOVE our backyard! Especially that we get to see all sort of bird and critters playing in it everyday. It's constant amusement for our kids. A day doesn't go by when we don't see a cute bunny in our yard. They love to play under our trees.

And then there are huge moments when it feels like I hate everything, like:
* That we are sleeping in our guest suite upstairs while we have a perfectly lovely master bedroom downstairs (we do this so we can be close to the kids)
* The Detached garage, and I hate that it isn't finished with drywall and painted. * I want a mud room, like so badly I could scream every single time I see shoe after shoe after shoe after shoe strewn all over the bottom floor.
* I miss having a front porch.
* I want Ken's office to NOT be on the 1st floor and NOT be by the front door and NOT where everyone uses it as a dumping ground. Honestly I don't know how Ken can take it, it drives me absolutely batty and I'm hardly ever in it.
* We especially HATE that our boys are in a different school district then every other boy in our ward.

We are totally in limbo right now because we don't know where we want to move. Technically we could live anywhere since Ken telecommutes, which makes it even so much more difficult.

Right now we are considering these three choices:
1. Moving to a bigger house in our ward that is in the same school district as everyone else. We probably won't get everything perfect that we want. The school district has a reputation of being better but school against school they are rated exactly the same.
2. Building a bigger house that is perfectly set-up in our current school district, but we would be in a different ward and stake. We love our schools and the district too. Especially all the extra programs and offerings they have for the Gifted and Talented kids. So it is a huge positive for our boys.
3. Staying here and buying a 3 month share in a home in the Carribbean, for the same price as what a bigger house would mean to our bottom line. Which I know we would never do unless our house is paid off, but I totally keep trying to convince Ken:-)


Anyway, that would mean I need to finish painting and getting the house ready to sell. But I would rather play with my kids because it is summer and I never ever get them.

No comments: