Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Math Pentathalon Then and Now

Last year I never had a chance to blog about Math Pentathalon so I figure I will add it in here since it really taught me alot. Last year, I figured it was a couple hour event, Darin would play a couple of games, and brought Rose along with us.
Turns out it was an all day event. Like 8 am-4 pm. And I brought a nearly three year old and a very limited amount of toys.
Rose and I sat and sat and waited while Darin played his games.

Our only entertainment was scavenging for sustenance to give Darin between breaks. Okay, and we had a little ourselves too.
Let me tell ya it was a HUGE relief when she finallly fell asleep in my arms.
That was one very long day!
Anyway, the point being I totally learned my lesson. So guess what I did, I signed up Ken to volunteer to be a judge at the beginning of the season. The whole time plotting to stay home and watch the girls since Ken could provide an ample amount of parental support.
See Math Pentathalon is just full of table after table of math games. You can't even see the game your child is playing or anything. They keep parents very far away for obvious reasons.

Well, Math Pentathlon came around and it turns out that I found a set of guest bedroom furniture at a screaming deal on craigslist that had to be picked up that morning. So while Ken played round robin with 3 bedrooms of furniture I was back at Math Pentathlon. I have to say I got the better deal this year.
Volunteering and without a toddler was much more enjoyable. I was able to meet up with my boys in between games, and had something to do during their games so I wasn't bored out of my mind.
I'm thinking Darin needs a haircut, he's flip is way high! Darin did pretty awesome, he won a gold!
Nathan just loved his first year! It was a pretty good day!













1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's awesome! Hope you post some pictures of your sweet new guest bedroom.... ;-)