We all came up with some pretty good responses. I just have a couple of photos because it was getting too dark outside. But this basically sums it up. The boys chose pretty safe things. Darin felt like we needed to read the scriptures. Nathan felt like we need to be kind to each other and not fight or argue.
And then there was Ginger and Rose. Ken took Ginger aside and helped her find a scripture. When he had asked her what she wanted to do she said, "Play games!"
Ginger was pretty thrilled to show hers off to us and so was Ken, since the boys thought they were bested by their littlest sister. I helped Rose with hers. She felt like we should dance more as a family! The girls really did come up with some great ideas all on their own.
It was a pretty fun FHE and we had a good talk about what makes our family strong. And even though I teased the boys for coming up with the "boring" things we should do. We were pretty proud of them for looking up and finding the scriptures they chose.
This is definately going to be an FHE we repeat! The kids ideas have made our family stronger. What makes your family stronger???
2 comments:
What in the world are you doing up at 3:34 am? Love the FHE idea though.....
Don't know if you new I followed your blog, but I finally had comment because that is a great idea and I think I might have to steal it! I love reading all your posts because you seem like such a fun mom and you guys are always doing cool things!
Post a Comment