Thursday, July 1, 2010

Girls Camp

I loved going to Girls Camp this year. Heck, I loved preparing for Girls Camp for 6 months beforehand too! Let me tell ya, these ladies put on a wonderful camp experience. It really reminds me of when I was growing up.

Other then the paperwork portion I was also on the Food Committee. I got us all to be called "Cookies" just like when I grew up. It was so much fun. Before camp I made about 400 cinnamon rolls and par-baked them and froze them in my freezer. I also made Chicken Stock and Chicken for the homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, and a bunch of cookies. My freezer was full to capacity, but it was so much fun. My girls helped me bake a ton before camp. I really love when they can help me with me callings.
So, I barely took any pictures of camp. Because it was crazy busy. I spent alot of time in the kitchen because those ladies were overworked. Then when I wasn't there then I was running around checking in on campsites or doing the Camp Spa. The Camp Spa was my very favorite though. The Stake YW Presidency would wash, exfoliate, a moisturize the hardworking leaders feets and legs in the air conditioned Safari room. (Camp in TX is HOT, HOT!) I loved being with my presidency while we rubbed the fun, amazing sisters feet. We talked and talked and laughed like crazy!
Anyway, I didn't even get a picture with all of the wonderful Cookies. But I've been able to scrounge up a few. I took this one from my niece. Having Cass at camp was super fun. She was such a doll and everyone in my ward wanted to keep her. Plus it was fun to have her to check-in on. And buy treats for:-) I hooked her up with a ton of gag gift stuff and well, basically anything she wanted because that's what Aunts do, right!
This is me and Cass before the ward fireside.
This is all the YW and the leaders who came from our ward with our Bishop. Our ward shirt was Hot Pink (if you couldn't tell:-) and our theme for camp came from the Dot Book. You can tell alot about our Bishop that he wore that hot pink shirt with a leopard print dot with pride!
This is me with the Stake YW Presidency. I can't even look at this picture now without crying. I just love these ladies! I loved being their Secretary and working with them. I got released from my Stake calling like 4 weeks after camp because my Bishop called me to be the Primary President in our ward. Which I am actually enjoying a ton, which is a thousand times more then I first thought I would. But I still miss these ladies like crazy.
It was our Ward Conference this week and it felt like I was reuniting with all of these Stake people who I saw just as much as all the people in my ward over the past 15 months. I was only able to hug them for just a few seconds between my meetings, but I love them! They have touched my life so much, and I know I would never have been prepared to be Primary President if I hadn't learned so much from them.
Seriously, they are awesome. The last night of camp we took all 46+ 3rd year girls and their leaders to Sonic for milkshakes. Why??? Because they had a rough year this year at camp, and we felt like they could use some extra love.
The girls LOVED it, like they could not believe we were taking them all out. This is Linda the 1st counselor, a butterfly just landed on her while we were out. I think it's because she is super special! She left me little gifts a surprises at camp all week long. I think she knew I would need the extra love without my family around.
Surprisingly, the bill for all of the milkshakes was only around $75. Sonic had buy one get one free deals going on.
These are the gorgeous 3rd years from my ward!
Of course they needed to play one of their hand-clappy, hit the table games! Man, it just brings back the memories.
It was a great year at Camp! Well, aside from my mid-week incident of throwing up after breakfast. Which got me kicked out of the kitchen for a day. I think it is because my medicine went bad in the heat, others teased me about exhaustion. But I think it was the meds.
Ken had actually already planned on coming up with the kids for dinner to see me that day. It was ward night and the head Cookie had invited them. So when he heard I was sick he ended up coming a little earlier and booked a hotel so I could stay the night with my family too. Which was perfect! I think my threshhold of being away from the kids is 2 nights. I can't really handle much more then that. My family left the next morning and I went back to camp feeling so renewed. It also helped out quite a bit with Ginger. She is only 2 1/2 afterall. And that is way too young to be without her Mommy for a week. I just really, really wanted to go to camp.
After camp, Ken and the boys unpacked and unloaded me super fast. I took a bath and they were halfway done. Ken and the boys sent me off to the bath right away because I stunk:-) Then Ken sent me off to get my nails done and a pedicure and they were finished. Laundry and all. It was awesome!
Then the girls helped me shred a million pieces of paper. I did have everyone SS numbers so I wanted to do it ASAP. My family was so unbelievably supportive and helpful to me. I am so thankful for them! And I missed them a TON!!!


1 comment:

Buchfam said...

Wow, it sounds like that was an amazing girls camp! I bet it was totally hard to leave your kids for so long! Also, I love the pictures from the beach on the side of your blog. They are all so cute! Ginger was such a pretty baby! She still is!