Don't you just love Ginger's little cute face.
I cannot even express how happy I was to make our traditional Christmas food in Mexico! I was pleasantly surprised to find the ingrediants I needed. And this was the BEST pecan pie I have ever made! I also made a batch of cinnamon rolls for the next morning, and some homemade biscuits that didn't turn out very well. But that's okay because this pie was totally worth it!
I brought like 5 packages of these mints from the US. Shanon, my 1st counselor, introduced them to me and I have been addicted ever since!
Whoa! What's That??? Nathan was digging in the sand and totally jumped back all of a sudden. Of course it peaked the girls attention too.
He had dug up a little crab. My kids always want to save whatever critter they find whether it is a rolly-polly, lizard, or frog. So he immediately asked me if I had a container to keep the little guy in so he could keep it for awhile.
Then he ran up to Lola and Papa who were inside at the villa to show them. He sure was a fast little guy! Lola gave us a hard time for screaming all over the place as Papa tried to catch him, but we didn't see her out on the balcony trying to touch him. Even though she said she would just pick it up with her fingers:-)
Back at the beach, and in a lifevest of course.
These pelican would dive down so fast to catch a fish. They were like bombs. Good thing this guy missed my Ginger.
More water fun with Daddy!
And riding the waves. K-so totally not your typical Christmas Eve Day.
And being warmed up by mom.
It was warm enough outside to even brave the pool for about an hour.
Rose, our crazy swimmer girl was just going to float out into the middle of the pool with the boogie-board. Of course she wanted her Daddy to chase her too!
Playing Monkey in the Middle in the pool. It worked out much better when Ginger isn't in the middle
That evening we had Walnut Shrimp, Fried Rice, and Chicken Nuggets for the littlest ones. Darin set our table. He made me promise to bring special Christmas candles to Cancun. Everyone each got an individual one, a snowman or a Christmas tree.
Of course I had to make them special drinks too. The adults has Virgin Pina Coladas, then I made the kids oreo milkshakes. Rose came up to me while I was mixing them up and was so cute. She wanted her right then. I told her in just a minute when we ate and she could get settled in her chair. Which she did so sweetly and nicely. When I walked over to the table with the drinks she had fallen asleep at the table. I really wish we had taken a picture of her. She was out cold and slept the rest of the night. Which kind of put a damper on usual Christmas Eve stuff without our Rose awake to do it with us.
Ginger didn't want the rest of her milkshake and with two eager brothers willing to drink it down we decided to just have them do it at the same time and race. It was pretty fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment