Friday, January 21, 2011

Dreams

Last night I saw a gorgeous full moon. It brought me back to a dream I had of romance and relaxation on the beach. I swear it happened! But, now that it's been a month since our getaway and we are waist deep in real-life it feels like that surely we must have been dreaming that divine experience!

Ken and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton, about 3 blocks away from the villa we had rented. We had so much fun! I loved having Ken's undivided attention, no kids distracting us, and basically the freedom to do whatever we wanted. We shopped, played games, swam, watched movies, talked and laughed like crazy, ate way too much delicious food, and reminisced about our life together. It was honestly a dream! We really cherish times like this, when it is just the two of us!

We had another fantastic dinner on the beach in our private casita. This is us before, I don't really like the picture but it's all we have.

While we were at the hotel we were asked a number of times if we were Newlyweds. Which is totally cute the first time. After being married for almost 13 years who wouldn't want to look like Newlyweds! Except then I get started thinking and then I get upset. Because our dopey, love-sick giddiness comes from working hard, sacrificing, and fighting whatever challenges come our way. Basically real happiness from living and raising our beautiful family together.

Our waiter especially couldn't believe that we had 4 children, that is until they called us at the beginning of our romantic dinner:-) We had called them earlier but my parents had taken them to attend a Christmas Concert.

Okay, so back to the romance. Isn't this an enchanting moon!
We had the most delicious steak, cocoanut shrimp, and a huge succulant lobster. It was amazing! The two things I am going to try to make at home from this dinner is the little chef's tasting that was a slice of tenderloin with a mushroom gravy. It was delicious! I also want to find the different flavored salts they had accompany our steak. Ken really enjoyed dipping each bite into the salts. We also had two really great desserts that we took up to our room since our bellies were way too full.
These are the Casitas. During the day you can rent them as a Beach Villa.
Okay, so originally we were getting away to celebrate Ken's company being aquired. However, since it has been a few months since he has started working for HP, and we are not quite sure about our feelings of being aquired still. Anyway, when they asked us what the special occasion was we just told them our anniversary. Which is what we were celebrating last time. We had no idea they were going to give us anything special for it since we didn't actually get anything when we celebrating our real 10th anniversary.
We ate our truffles on the comfy beach beds under the full moon. It was a great evening!
So, the next day after breakfast we called our kiddos again. Of course, every single one of them used their "puppy dog" voice and asked us, "Mooooommy, when are you coming home?"

We totally caved. We had a great 24 hours playing around by ourselves, but with the stress of the past few months and Nathan's seizures before we left, we missed them. Plus, Ken had rented a Beach Villa for the day but it kind of felt like a waste on just us. We love to play in the water not lounge around in the shade. The kids loved the hammock.


They also loved swimming in the heated pools. Since it wasn't burning hot during the day the pool at our villa never really got very warm, so they loved the heated pool at the hotels.

They also loved their beach lunch!
Yeah, this little girl sure does have "The Life!"
After a few hours visiting Lola and Papa took the kids home and it was back to me and Ken time!
We had so much fun swimming in the ocean!
The next morning Ken woke me up early for a beautiful surprise. We watched the sunrise from our balcony.
It was pretty cloudy, which actually made it even more beautiful.


And the only other pictures we took were of the Gingerbread House in the lobby of the hotel. They had singers most of the day.

We enjoyed our time away very much! We have spent a good amount of time each day either re-living the dream or dreaming of our next romantic trip away--whenever that will be:-)

2 comments:

Erin Cummings said...

Very Fun! Makes me want to go on a vacation have have a date with my husband....we'd probably just talk about the kids though and wonder what they were doing at that very moment. :)

Hugs from mom said...

That looks like the perfect family vacation. I could totally use one of those right now. I'm glad you had such a good time. And I thought you looked great in that picture!