Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Exploritorium
We love driving up and down the hilly streets of San Francisco. The boys loved it so much on our previous vacations that they wanted to take a day to do the 49 mile scenic drive. We didn't have time this trip to dedicate a whole day to it but we did go on some fun drives. Rose and Ginger would squeal and say we are going on a roller coaster!
After our fun drive we went to the Exploritorium. Which is only like the funnest place/museum we have ever gone to. My kids love it, it's basically a huge warehouse full of fun hands on exhibits and experiments. You'll notice I only have pictures of my girls playing because I gave Darin and Nathan total freedom so long as the stayed together and Darin listened for his cell phone when I called to check in.
So it was just me and the girls exploring everything.
Until Rose had an accident and we had to go out to the car to get changed. Ginger took it pretty well and was a good sport playing around in the car.
Rose took it pretty hard that she couldn't go and play, but ended up falling asleep during her time-out. I let her sleep in the car for about an hour and then called the boys back. We needed to go back to the hotel and try the exploritorium another day. We just needed a do-over.
Unfortunately the first day used our City Pass tickets so I had to pay $55 for our tickets the next day. But there is so much to see and do that I couldn't let our kids be so disappointed because of an accident. Besides, our budget was more of a challenge to see how little we could spend not out of necessity.
We got to the Exploritorium as soon as it opened and stayed until 30 minutes before it closed. The kids had so much fun. Rose especially loved the colorful shadows and danced all around.
Ginger loved all the bubbles. I let the boys roam around wherever they wanted to go again.
This was a fun fog thingy, it became a tornado unless you broke it up.
Goldilocks Chairs. I really didn't take many pictures. It may seem like alot but there are probably 500+ hands on things for the kids. I just snapped a picture every once in awhile, the rest of the time I played with them. It was so fun!
The boys were so sweet and totally wanted their sisters to be able to make the drawings they had made the day before. They called me 30 minutes before it was supposed to be staffed and made sure that at least one of them and one of the girls were waiting at the front of the line. My girls are so lucky to have such nice brothers!
The drawings are pretty cool, you swing the table however you want and then the lady puts your marker down and it will draw your picture. It's like tracing the path of a pendulum.
Every one of my kids got one. I could see why the boys wanted to be at the front of the line because it took about an hour to do our four drawings.
After they drew all of their posters I took them to the car and left the boys to play with the girls. It is so nice traveling with grown-up kids. It only took me like 5 minutes to drop them in the car, but if I had to take everyone and get them to come with me it would have taken 4 times as long.
Darin and Nathan played around with the girls for another 40 minutes or so.
Unfortunately they declined to come downstairs with us so they missed out on ice cream.
Later that night Rose and Ginger told their Dad about eating pizza and ice cream and the boys were totally shocked. They didn't eat anything the whole day because they never wanted to stop playing, so I just treated the girls to food inside the exploritorium.
Oh my goodness, they LOVED this bubble station! We played her for our entire last hour.
It was such a fun day and totally worth blowing our budget for! I'm glad we did it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment