Monday, April 25, 2011

Lee, Laa, Lee, Loo, Loo

I dream of beach vacations all the time, but I also dream of moments like this. Relaxing, hanging out, chatting, and doing nothing moments.

Last night we were sitting at the kitchen table and Ginger started sing/chanting a random pattern: Lee, Laa, Lee, Loo, Loo, Lee, Laa, Lee, Loo... She got embarrassed when I snapped a picture of her singing.
Then Rose and Nathan joined in and made her laugh.
I made Nathan say, "Moooooom!" when I said something silly and teased Nathan about a girlfriend named Lee or Loo.
The girls thought that was thoroughly amusing!
Then we got on the topic of girls and boyfriends, just funny silly stuff.

Rose said she would marry Nathan. Then when we told her she couldn't get married to her brother or for another 15+ years she was a little sad. But she perked up at asking her Daddy questions about kissing. She asked him if he had kissed Mommy. Ken said, "What do you think?" Then Rose said, "If you dance when you kiss, then you are happy!" Ken responded, "Yes, in the Disney version that's true."

We continued talking pretty light-hearted about liking girls and boys, and appropriate ages and times for having boyfriends and girlfriends. I said something about how they should talk to Dad about first loves, Daddy would have been really unhappy if he married the first girl he liked. So the boys immediately asked their Dad. Ken said, "The first girl I liked was very, very different from your mother. It would be miserable to be married to her." Then Darin burst out, "She must have been Mean, Bossy, and Strict!" Which Ken snapped back, "You're mom is strict. But yes! Very, very different then your mom."

It was too funny!

A couple of weeks ago when I picked up Nathan from school he was all excited talking about his Science Camp they were doing in preparation for that TAKS test. He hopped in the car asking me if I knew that Flamingos are white, they are only pink because of the food and algae they eat. I asked Nathan if they were born white then? And Nathan said, "They are born pink." I said, "Oh, really. How is that?" Then he said, "You know how like babies take energy from their mom. It's like that so when they are born they are already pink." To which I replied totally seriously, "Oh, yes I know EXACTLY how babies take energy from their mom. And still do even when they are 10!" And he said, "Moooooom!"

Anyway, just a few funny moments that me and Ken have been chuckling over lately. And we didn't need a beach house to enjoy them, even if I still really, really want one:-)

No comments: