There's nothing like being the Primary President over Mother's Day. Weirdly, it stressed me out more then the Primary Program. It's just that I know the kids want to do something so super special for their mom's and I don't want to disappoint them.
A month or so before at our activity the kids planted some flowers in bowls for their mom's. It was fun watching these guys grow for awhile. I would walk outside and water them and think of all the beautiful Primary children and the things I admired about their mothers. Or the parts of their mothers that I saw them. I was relieved that they grew.
Sunday morning was crazy, Ken and the kids spoiled me with breakfast in bed. But since I was in charge of Sharing Time I couldn't really enjoy it. After church was a different story though. Ken and Rose made me one of my favorite comfort foods grilled cheese with tomato soup. They were pretty cute talking in the kitchen while the made lunch.So cute!
And I got to bask in my wonderful children! In one of my favorite places-- my comfy, glorious bed!
Presents never hurt either:-)
Oh, how I love my children!. Being their mother is one of the greatest blessings and surprises of my life!
The rest of the day I took a nap while Ken cooked me dinner. He made me my favorite lasagna, even called Tasha to get her recipe. I am so lucky to be spoiled by this man!
No comments:
Post a Comment