Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What a Week!

So many funny and stressful things happened last week. I just wanted to record a week in our life:-)

Sunday
I taught an impromptu Singing Time since our fabulous chorister was sick:-( My singing skills are seriously terrible along with conducting so we played a fun game to review songs. They get to choose fun different ways to sing. I've seen many wonderful choristers play this game, I'm just a copy-cat. Anyway, the kids totally love the Magic Water. I fill spray bottles with water and add a propel packet. It's clear but has a sweet taste. I squirt a little bit into all the kids as they sing.

The girls totally loved drinking up all of the leftover water and then some. Nathan filled up the water bottles and sprinkled a packet in before we left church. All the girls saw was that he shook the bottle up and down and all of a sudden it was "Magic Water". When Rose and Ginger finished off the water for a second time they refilled the bottles with water and kept shaking them trying to make the water turn into Magic Water. It was so cute!

Ken also left for New York this afternoon which was a total bummer:-(



Monday
I was looking forward to a fairly calm week, my only real plans were to clean the house and play around with my kids. Darin stayed home from school because he had a nasty cough and didn't feel very good, I made him a Dr. appointment.
Then Ginger was bouncing on a ball in the entry and fell off backwards and hit her head. For 3 hours she was moaning and upset. I tried to comfort her as best as I could. Of course she kept asking for her Daddy. Then about an hour after she hit her head she started threw up. She was so sleepy and was not happy. I was pretty scared, thankfully I already had an appointment fo the pediatrician. She threw up another time before we left home and once in the doctor's waiting room.

Of course after she threw-up for the 3rd time she stopped being lethargic and started bouncing off the wall and was back to her normal self. It was the weirdest thing. She was totally out of it while we waited and then was crazy silly when the doctor checked her out. Her doctor still wanted us to take her to the Children's Hospital.

Oh my goodness, Ginger was so excited to be at the hospital. Especially because she got a special bracelet. She wore that bracelet all week long. Ginger's Catscan turned out fine and she was extremely happy. However, I was pretty exhausted and not really thrilled to be at the hospital for the 4th time in 4 months. I'm so thankful that everything turned out fine. I couldn't imagine having something seriously wrong with our baby when Ken was out of town.




Tuesday and Thursday
I taught Rose's preschool group. The mom who was supposed to teach it had sick kiddos at home and I thought, I have nothing going on all week, of course I would love to teach it. Of course I volunteered before Ginger's whole concussion thing. But she turned out fine and we went along with the whole plan. The fun thing about subbing is I don't feel any responsibility to stick to the curriculum. So we did lots of fun Easter crafts, read a bunch of books, and played. These kids are too cute!








Cute little bird nests.

Wednesday
On Wednesday the girls had a bunch of friends over to play and that was pretty exciting. We had a full afternoon with piano lessons and soccer practice, just the normal stuff. But mainly the kids helped me get ready for the Primary Activity on Saturday.

I love when my children are able to help me prepare something for my church calling. Sometimes I really struggle with the amount of time my service takes away from our children, I know we are blessed because of it but, it is always a special treat when they have fun working with me too!







Friday
Friday was the highlight of my week. We had the ward playgroup over for an Easter Party. We did an Easter Egg Hunt and had lunch together. It was so much fun to hang out with all of those cute kiddos and their moms! I love these ladies, they are so fun to chat with and get to know. They are always doing such fun things with their kids and inspire me to be better, or inspire me to be more like I was when the boys were little, if that makes sense? Everytime I go to playgroup I wish that I was able to attend more often.




After the boys got home from school we worked on a special Easter present for Ken. He had a terrible week away on his business trip. Well, maybe not terrible but it was super hard and he worked like crazy. Like as in crazy 18 hour days! He was on-site at a company from 8-10pm pretty much everyday and then would go back to his hotel and work to get prepared for the next day until 1 or 2am. I am so proud of him, it was super stressful, but he was successful!

It also made me very thankful for the life that he provides for our family. Especially me, I may be busy and have crazy days with the kids but I pretty much get to set my schedule and do things that are enjoyable and make me happy. How humbling is it to know that when he is all alone, tired, and barely has time to eat that he will still text me 3 or 4 times throughout the day to see how my day is going. I really missed him, and really missed being able to take care of him.

Anyway, we worked on a special present for Ken. It's a tradition that started when we were dating in college. I had Ken's roomate hide eater eggs for him all over their apartment that I had filled with little notes and candy. The kids love to be sneaky and hide the eggs for their dad and have him hunt all around the house for them.





Friday evening the boys had their little Easter Party too. They wanted to invite over their whole gang of friends but since it was just me at home I had them settle for 4 friends. They played outside, played video games, made homemade pizza for dinner, and ate a sheet pan full of brownies!




Saturday
In the morning we had an Awesome Primary Activity! I had so much fun with the children and I think they loved it too. They did the 12 days of Easter, an Easter Egg Hunt, and made things for the Moms for Mother's Day. I am so thankful to my presidency who made it such a fun event for the children. I keep meaning to take a picture of all of us together, but we are always so busy.

The afternoon we spent at soccer games.


The evening we went out to dinner with Lola and Papa before we went to a special performance of dancers from BYU-I. It was a fun night out. The girls like about half of the dances, the other half they were frustrated because they wanted to get up and dance. I was surprised by how excited Darin was that I had got us all tickets to see the show. Both of the boys really liked it. It was a fun night out!




Sunday
We were so exhausted after our busy Saturday that we basically collapsed into bed. Thankfully we woke-up at 7am on our own since we totally didn't set any alarms. I woke-up and realized that I had totally forgotten that all the Primary kids had earned a special treat the week before for bringing their scriptures. Luckily I always have stuff on hand to make a bunch of treats. Me and Rose made 3 sheet pans of rice krispies and Ken and Darin made 2 sheet pans of brownies. And it only took us like 40 minutes. Talk about a crazy morning, but it was delicious. I just love Rose's chocolate streaked face!

That evening we were ready to chill out and relax with each other. The fact that we actually had some time to sit down and breathe together was pretty amazing with Darin and Ken going Home Teaching and Darin having a youth fireside. After a crazy week it is nice to just BE.

Ginger is such a food hoarder. She would share cantelope with her siblings but would not give up the container. See her tight little grip on the tupperware container.

And she is still wearing her hospital bracelet 6 days later. She did not want to take that thing off!

2 comments:

amy said...

Oh my word Stephanie I had no idea how busy your week was. A double thank you for filling in for me with preschool. You are wonderful and I hope life slows down a bit for you. :)

Hugs from mom said...

You've always amazed me with all of your crafts and fun parties. I wish I could be a kid in your house sometime. :)