Friday, October 12, 2012

Caramel Apples

The cooler weather from fall means only one thing...It's time for Caramel Apples.  We love this tradition!  Look at our scary Vampire bearing her fangs at us.
 Oh, there is our pretty girl!
 And here's the other pretty girl!
 We also have some handsome boys.
 Well, maybe not quite as Nathan shoves plastic knives into the apples.
 Oh, wait.  We do have another handsome boy.  We had to use plastic forks because Darin used up all the Popsicle sticks in the house over the summer to make and enormous wooden tank and never bothered to tell me that they were all gone.
 Unwrapping the caramel is always a fun time.  I love to hear the things they chat about.

 Finishing up that toppings.
 Time for the apples to take a dip in a hot, sticky bath.
 We went youngest to oldest.



Boys will be Boys.  Which means that they turn anything into a weapon.  Nathan decided that caramel apples automatically equated to a light saber.  Why didn't I know that:-)


 I only got a few pictures of the yummy toppings and none of the finished product, but they were delicious!


No comments: