Ginger's preschool class had a field trip to the Austin Children's Museum. In reality it ended up only being 4 of the kids from her class, but we brought Ginger's friends Izzy and Wyatt. It worked out perfect too since Lisa (their mom) just had a baby a week or so before. Last school year Ginger played with them almost every week and we've been missing them since the summer.
Ready for some fun!
It was tons of fun! Even with a bunch of kids from a school field trip. We were running about 3 minutes before a huge group. It gave the kids enough time to try things out before they got swamped with 20+ kids. But then we would move onto the next exhibit.Ginger loved this spinny thing. I never quite figured out what concept it was teaching and when the guide gave the explanation to a group around us it was in Spanish and sadly I was not able to translate it.
The kids were terrified of the fog tornado.
After about 5 minutes of watching it they got their courage up and realized that it was pretty awesome!
They all really loved the building and construction zone.
After being run-off one too many times by the school groups we were more then ready for lunch. We had to get out of the noise and ate our picnic lunch outside the museum. I just have to say Wyatt is my buddy! He was sitting by the girls now, but really for most of our lunch he insisted on sitting right next to me. I love when he does that it makes me feel important!
Cute, cute kids! They are so fun and it was a delightful lunch.
After lunch the school groups cleared out and the museum was pretty empty which was fabulous! We played at the train table for awhile. Then we made buttons (at the table behind Ginger).
Then we found the fabulous ball room! Oh my goodness, it was so fun!
Ginger really loved this ramp. She started getting 5 and 6 balls to go into the buckets all at once. The buckets were rotating on a motor.
We went upstairs for a little bit and had fun playing the organ.
See how empty the joint was.
We had to make one last trip to the main level so Izzy could serve me up some food!
She loved this exhibit.
Izzy was also a fantastic photographer. I'm glad she snapped a picture of me and Ginger.
And Wyatt with his fish! Of all the food he kept choosing the seafood choices: fish, crabs, clams.
One last spin on this thing.
After the museum we picked up Rose from school and played on the playground.
Once Rose showed up Izzy didn't leave her side.
I think being in 1st grade makes her instantly cool to all the other kids. They were all begging to hold her hand at the crosswalk.
What a fun day! We finished it off with dropping of the Parker's and checking out their sweet new baby Cody!
1 comment:
So much fun! I love to see what they do when I'm not around. Like Wyatt selecting seafood choices. Who knew! hehe I think it's totally cute that they all swarmed Rose when she got off school. She's got the total cool factor for sure.
Post a Comment