Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Mess Makers

You would think that after 11 years of Motherhood, that I would have come to terms with the fact that our home will always be a mess. But, I haven't for some reason I keep fighting reality.

Every once in awhile (okay make that every other day) I stumble across a mess that is completely terrible and shocking.

What's a poor defenseless mother to do in that situation??? Pretty much my only choices are to laugh or to cry. So here are a few things that have made me laugh lately...

My sweet Rose happily told me that she did the laundry for me. Seriously so sweet! I love that little girl!

Turns out her idea of doing the laundry was to take everything out of the washing machine and dryer. That's not too bad because I can sort wet from dry. Until I realized it meant she also dumped all of the dirty clothes into the pile too, and had attempted to pour laundry detergent over it:-)

I love to cook with my children. However, sometimes I wonder if I am just teaching them more ways to be destructive. They are pretty darn cute in their aprons though!

The girls and I had just finished making a bunch of yummy, warm chocolate chip cookies to take to their brothers for an afterschool snack with their Math Pentathalon Club.

I so wish I had taken a picture of the super mess Ginger had made with water and flour in the remaining cookie dough in the mixer. I didn't think of it until after I took the bowl off. Here's the aftermath of us cooking, then Ginger's idea of cooking.

Of course when Ken is on a business trip they seem to kick it up a little more. Well, maybe not because when he is working from home they will happily play on the floor of his office and make a huge mess.

This time they had stolen the peanut butter out of the cupboards. Something that requires them to move a chair and climb onto the counter to get to. Don't quite know how I missed that one.

They brought the peanut butter back to me when I was looking for it and the next day I found this under their Dad's desk. Along with Ginger's blankie that we couldn't find the night before. I also discovered PB squished all over Ken's ratan coasters (those went in the trash), on the floor, and all over a bunch of papers.

All I have to say, is at least they are working together as a team. That's way better then bugging each other and fighting over toys!

So this next one really bothered me, but it took me a month to figure it all out. Lucky for them, otherwise who knows...

All I can say is you don't mess with Mom's iPod. There are really very few things I care about, like as in there is pretty much only thing I care about...and that would be my iPod. I'm pretty relaxed with all of their mischief.

About a month ago when I was finally able to spend an hour (for the first time in like 6 months) downloading songs and synching my iPod. Seriously, it's a happy moment for me! Turns out it wasn't quite so happy because pretty much every song that I had on it was unable to synch unless I had bought it originally from iTunes. Of course I didn't have time to dig into it-- that 1 hour was a miracle. And I had 30 new songs I had just downloaded to listen to anyways.

Well, so my little girls love to play on my laptop any second they get. It just so happens they had deleted my camp registration this morning. I totally didn't have a heartattack over them trashing my registration for all 260 people, like no biggie or anything:-) I just looked in my recycle bin. Turns out they had moved my entire music collection to the recyle folder. Nice one, huh! I literally saved all my music like 2 days before it would have been permanently trashed.

**Ken does keep a back-up for me but as if we have the time to deal with that!

Onto other happy messes though. Can you guess what this means???

Yep, that would mean we are potty-training Ginger! Doesn't every little kid who potty trains go through a phase of rolling all the Toilet Paper off the tube everytime they sit down on the toilet?

Apparantly doing this by all 4 of the toliets in our house was not enough for Ginger. She also felt the need to do it in our master bedroom (the one we don't sleep in because instead we are sleeping in the guest suite upstairs).

I could care less though because she is totally cute. Plus, she is AWESOME at potty training. As in she was fully trained in 10 days. By fully trained I mean, she will either say she has to go potty or just go potty when she needs to. Keeps her underwear dry all day. Will poop in the toilet no problem and doesn't wet the bed at night. Basically to me they are potty-trained when they can fully take care of all of their needs in that respect and I don't have to think about it.

No joke it took her 10 days to do all that!

I would like to say that I am incredibly awesome at potty training. But, that's totally NOT the case! It took me about 6 months with the 3 older siblings to get through all those phases to be completely Potty-Trained and none of them finished before they were 3, let alone 2 1/2 years old. Clearly, it's not me or my method.

It was all Ginger!

At the end of our reward period (because we totally bribe like crazy) she earned her big prize. She picked out this duck and had wanted it so badly for, I know, like a week. But she wanted it and would talk about it constantly for those 7 days. She can feed the duck a bottle and his beak moves, he also quacks. She totally loves her duck! Ginger's still doing great she has been completely done for a whole entire week now.

Obviously cleaning up their messes is not the highlight of my day. But this is...

I used to do it with my boys when they were cute little toddlers. Every once in awhile they will let me still (but I'm totally not strong enough anymore:-)

I just love to grab them all up in my arms. I squeeze them tight and squish them together and say, "I have my arms full of Girls!" "I LOVE my arms full of Girls!"

"Arms full of Wiggle-ly, Jiggle-ly, Giggle-ly GIRLS!" They love to be smushed, bounced, tickled, and kissed while I do this! And I do it alot, probably at least twice a day because I consider it payment for them being the cute little mess makers that they are:-)

1 comment:

Hugs from mom said...

You are such an amazing, wonderful mother! I've always admired your patience and good attitude.