Thank goodness the girls slept on the way up their because it took us 8 hours to get there. While it only took us 5 hours to come back. I love Ginger's pouty lips!
The girls got unbelievably dirty. I've never seen them this dirty ever! And it took me a few days to figure out why this time when we were camping they were so dirty. All the other times we have gone camping with them has been at places that pretty much have grass growing everywhere. This was not the case at our campground. It was dirt, everywhere. Fine, red, soft dirt!
Rose totally loved camping!!! She would go around announcing to us "I love Camping!" like 10 times a day other then the 10 times a day I would ask her.
We could not keep her little face clean, ever!
The wonderful thing about Pinewood Cove was the amenities. When we first arrived at 11 pm, I was not too thrilled. The campsites were too close to each other. And the way I put it to Ken was "I didn't expect it to be so 3-D ish" It was extremely vertical. However they have a store on site, a boat launch (the water was so low that Ken took the kids to ride their bikes down a massive mountain and they went fishing), a kids playground, a pavilion where they have activities every night like ice cream socials, and a heated pool!
It was Heaven to swim in the pool. It would get to around 90 degrees in the afternoon (not super hot compared to Texas, but we have been enjoying 75 degree Sunny Bay Area Weather.
The water was cool but also warm enough to enjoy. And I'm the type of mom who doesn't really get giving your kids a bath/shower after they go swimming, especially not when you are camping. It's a two-fer they have fun and get clean at the same time.
They did have very nice hot showers available though too. And Ken and I used them because we can only stand so much of the au natural. The facilities were actually quite nice for camping.
This was the view from floating on my back while swimming. You can't get much better then that. It was awesome to be around the big pine trees again! Ken and I really miss that, and the mountains (like real mountains not just hills).
These are just random pics of us camping. It's hard to believe the time went so fast. Here's my good-looking guy!
The nightly routines of getting bug-sprayed. It only took one dose and we didn't get bitten. I think between all 6 of us we ended up with 3 mosquito bites. Not too shabby.
Darin and his Soda! He was loving having soda with nearly every meal. The only time he didn't was at breakfast but then he had Hot Chocolate. No wonder they love camping with all the goodies they get to eat!
Nathan starting the breakfast fire. From the first day Ken taught the boys how to make fires and set-it up. And not the cheating kind either with papertowels or charcoal real "Mountain Men" fires.
By the third morning the boys were ready to do it on their own. I thought Ken was being such a good Dad showing his sons the ropes...it turns out that was just so he could sleep in and the boys could start the fire in the morning:-) Actually, I'm just kidding about that part, he did sleep in but I made him stay in bed because Ken got sick while we were camping and the night before while I fell asleep putting the girls to bed in the tent, Ken stayed up playing games and talking around the campfire with the boys until 2 am. Ken was quite the trooper and barely acted sick even though I know he felt pretty bad.
Just Hanging Out.
Cooking Breakfast over the campfire. We had the most delicious meals! Especially Breakfast. Since it's not so humid, the fires are great to cook over. Totally predictable and easy. For breakfast we would have eggs (is there anything better then eggs fried over a campfire???) Two eggs over medium please--Totally perfect!
Anyway, This was our breakfast menu:
Eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns.
Eggs, bacon, and pancakes (with homemade Buttermilk Syrup, of course)
Biscuits and Gravy.
And you guessed it more eggs and bacon.
Totally fabulous!!!
This girl is obsessed with Bacon. She was a huge Bacon theif and would swipe it from the table while we were still cooking the rest of our breakfast. You would think we would have learned since she would swipe 4 pieces before we ate breakfast and then eat another two. But she is adorable. And there are really only a few food she absolutely loves (that means few foods she will actually pass through her lips).
On the third day we rented a deck cruiser boat for a couple of hours and went tubing. It was sooooo much fun! We ALL enjoyed it so much that the next day we rented the boat for 1/2 a day and did it again. I'm not going to comment on any of the pictures. It was lots and lots of fun.
Ken let each kid except Ginger) drive multiple times. I had fun driving too, but apparantly I'm too crazy of a driver since I flipped Ken out of the tube once and Nathan out of the tube once. Nathan really loved my driving because he loves to live on the edge, but after he got tossed off into the water he declared his dad the best driver.
Darin liked it more easy and slightly wild. Rose and Ginger were good with the boat just barely out of idle. And I personally hated being on the tube but that's not a real surprise.
It was a great camping trip and I am very sad that it is over. We were planning on camping a ton (on the way out to CA and back, every weekend). But this is it. It was just too much work to go camping. Not the camping part but the packing and unpacking, the loading and unloading of our car. The other weeekend that we would be all in CA is our anniversary weekend too, and Ken has been so very busy with the project he has been working on that we have decided to just stay in our hotel the next two weeks.
1 comment:
THAT LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!! I love the pic of Darin on the boat, smiling - it's a great shot!!
Post a Comment