Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!! (Day 15)

Friday was our 11th Anniversary! It was a really great day!!! It was kind of surprising because we were lamenting how this would not compare at all to last year when we celebrated our 10th Anniversary in Cancun. It's not even like we are at home where we could get babysitter to watch the kids so we could at least go out to dinner, right?

I meant to wake-up with Ken in the early morning (mainly because I wanted to exchange presents:J) But I drifted back to sleep. Poor GuyL

Ken, was nice enough to let me open one of my presents while he was at work. No wonder I love being married to him!!! I was dying to open them. What girl wouldn't be at the sight of 2 little Nordstrom silver-wrapped boxes???

We don't normally do individual presents for our anniversary but maybe we will have to start. Usually we pick out something together that is big and nice that we have been wanting like furniture.

This year was the best anniversary present EVER! Ken bought me the conditioner that I fell in love with in Cancun. The Ritz Carlton had the BVLGARI brand as the hotel toiletries. We kept snagging as many as we could get from the housekeeping. Everytime we asked for new towels, Ken would request more shampoo and conditioner. Surprisingly we had to ask for towels quite a bit even though we had maid service to our room 4 times a day. They would always take the extra towels (whether we used them or not) every time and not replace them.

On the last day Ken asked the concierge if he could just buy a bunch. It was the BEST souvenir!!! Every time I would wash my hair with it, it would remind us of the fabulous time we had together. I really tried to ration it out while still enjoying it a couple of times a week but unfortunately I used the last bottle a few weeks ago.

After I had used the last bottle it dawned on me I could look online for it. Ken has looked in many stores and at the duty free shops at the airport but hasn't found it yet (in fact he has bought me 6 different BVLGARI perfumes to try and find the right one over the past year). So to our surprise, we found out that BVLGARI has a whole line of hair and body products. The bad news it is way more expensive then the deal he got from the concierge. He bought 20- 1 oz. bottles for $40 (which I thought was pretty steep at the time). From Nordstroms you can buy a 6 oz. bottle for $36, that's $6 an oz- YIKES! Or basically $3 each time I wash my hair.

But I totally LOVE It! He also bought me the perfume too!!!

Ken came back to the hotel for lunch and we were able to have a mainly intimate lunch as the kids were too busy riding their bikes around the courtyard. However the funniest moment of the day was when it dawned on Darin to ask "What did you get Dad for your Anniversary?" (me and Ken look at each other and smile) and I try to hold it together as I answer "Uhhh, clothes." He seemed to accept that answer and was like "Oh, that's why you are wearing a new dress." But Nathan didn't and kept asking us, "How is that really a present for Dad if you buy a dress?" Thank Goodness he is easily distracted by racing bikesJ

After we took Ken back to work, I took the kids back to Coyote Point so they could play on the fun playground. Then picked up take-out from the Cheesecake Factory for us before picking up Ken from work.

To my surprise we were able to have a fabulously romantic anniversary dinner. Ken bribed the boys to babysit the girls. He told them if they gave us from 7:30 pm- to 11 pm all by ourselves he would pay them $10 each to watch the girls in the living room of our suite while we stayed in the bedroom. And then he put in the caveat that each time they interrupted us for something "non-emergency like" he would take away $1 from both of them. The boys jumped at the chance.

They did a pretty awesome job too! Ginger made them earn their money-- that's for sure! She was the only one who kept knocking on our door. One time we had to stop and help them because we ran out of wipes. But other then that, they did an awesome job keeping their sisters safe and entertained! In fact, such a good job that we started watching a movie in our room, lost track of time and they watched the girls for a whole extra 80 minutes. The funny thing is that they didn't realize this and thought they still had 30 minutes left because the clock in the living room is offJ

Life is going to be soooooo good when they can babysit for REAL.

1 comment:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

What a great idea, paying the kids to watch the little ones at home. I am goint to have to do that sometime too. I am really glad that your anniversary turned out so well. When are you finally coming home?