The museum is pretty cool. It was a little different then what I was expecting. The inside part has about 10 different stations with hands-on science exhibits. Kind of like a mini-Exploritorium.
The kids had fun playing with this one about Fog.
This was a wind exhibit. They have a couple of tubes with air blowing up through them and then different foamy shapes. And the kids were able to explore which shape moves faster and things like that.
We stayed at this station for 20 minutes, the kids loved it so much! Especially Rose until a 6 year old boy took over the station my kids were playing at and demanded that only one foamy thing could go in at a time. And his mom just let him, even though the other tube was completely empty! Seriously, why not let him interrupt a family of 4 kids who are playing nicely together.
Ginger especially loved this station. It is a bunch of magnetic pieces that you can put together to build things.
Of course Rose loved making jewlery.
The also had a bee exhibit. The kids were able to see the inside of a beehive. I was shocked that the girls really liked it, I thought for sure they would freak out.
They also had a hall of exhibits about conservation. However, we flew through that section after I came across a huge exhibit (the size of a wall) all about population control. I mean seriously! At a kids museum!!! There were several parts of the display which were completely inappropriate for young children and made me quite sad.
After that we went outside to where I knew it would be safe, and looked at the animals. They have about 25-30 animals in a small zoo that have been rescued and cannot return to the wild. Snakes, lizards, birds, bobcats, coyote, otters, etc.
This is the boys getting spooked by a snake. I wish I would have taken a picture of the banana slug but it was too creepy to look at more then once.
Rose and Ginger had no problem getting up close and personal with the snakes.
Me and Darin
The coolest looking bird!
My Children!
Ginger looking at the Turtles
Everyone waiting for Rose to finish her tantrum.
Ginger loved being outside.
We were going to go to the park after the museum and play on the awesome playground. But Rose had, had enough and needed a nap. The whole trip she was fairly grouchy. I think it speaks more to how in-tune she is to our stress from the day before. She has been absolutely wonderful this trip, her attitude has been great and she has been very happy and adventuresome. But this day she was really overwhelmed and needed alot of extra love and attention.
1 comment:
Oh what fun! What happened to Ginger? She looks all grown up now. I think her longer hair makes her look older. She is such a cute girl. I think she looks a lot like you.
Post a Comment