
I finally saw a chiropractor since my back was killing me and I couldn't even lift Ginger (not a good thing when we are out and about everywhere). This time it was Ken dragging me to the Dr. He made me an appt. before I even woke-up. And only called me every 15 minutes the 2 hours before to make sure I was getting ready for it:-)
In the meantime, the boys have been very helpful. We cleaned out the car, at least as much as you can while on the road. The one thing that has bugged me on our trip is how dirty our car is. And they helped me get all the camping equipment down from the top of the car. It's nice to have such big boys. They had no problem scaling the Suburban.
After my appt. we went shopping for Ella. I love shopping in CA. We went to Macy's and it was huge!!! Ella was only 5 lbs when she was born. We wnted to buy her some preemie clothes. Turns out she is bigger then the preemie size, but there is a newborn size. All the clothes are so cute and tiny. It made me miss my sister more.
Then we went to See's Candies and picked up some of my Sister's favorite candy and yummy candy for us.
Then I took the boys to the Lego Store. They have been dying to go to this store for a week. They saw it when Ken took them all to the mall to buy my anniversary present.
Thankfully, they had a little area full of legos for the girls to play with.
The boys totally loved perusing all of the different Star Wars Lego sets. They had a whole different offering of lego sets then you see in stores like Wal-Mart or Target. We spent about 2 hours in the store so it was good to have something to entertain the girls.
Ginger loved running past this wall of circles filled with legos and grabbing a few of the tiny pieces. Not quite my favorite part. However since she kept doing that I was able to buy a surprise for the boys from the sales clerk without the boys seeing. Like they would have noticed anyways, they were so enthralled!
The boys made their own custom Lego guy, and had fun building one for Rose too. Guess what they built her??? A Policewoman. Nathan said, "See you can tell it is a girl because of her eyelashes." Nevermind that she is wearing a helmet that covers most of her face:-)
Rose didn't move from this table pretty much the entire time. She loved it!
Darin and Nathan had so much fun debating how they would spend their combined $50 (they have been saving up). They didn't even spend all of it, they only spent $35. I am really, really proud of them. They helped a few Aunt's and Grandma's pick out presents and I received a number of compliments from those ladies about my boys.
You would not believe how many Mom's came in with their kids and impatiently waited (while they non-stop texted and talked on their cell) for 5-10 minutes while their kids picked out $100-150 huge lego set. Seriously it was like they were waiting for their kids to pick out a pack of bubble gum. It was really sad to see.
After the lego store we sat on the benches and ate our See's Candy! I didn't think the day would turn out so well with my back problems, but it turned out to be a pretty good day!!!
1 comment:
Ella can't wait to meet her Auntie too:) We LOVED the Lego store in Chicago, we spent hours there too and went back multiple days! LOL!
Post a Comment