Thursday, July 2, 2009

When all else fails there is always the bridge and the beach (Day 6)

I tired the kids out so much from the day before they woke-up late.
When we finally got going they wanted to have lunch with their dad.
So we had a nice lunch with Ken by the fountains inbetween his buildings. After lunch Ken took just Rose up to his office for a "big girl" visit to meet his co-workers and grab some licorice from the breakroom. She LOVED it!

This is us playing outside while we were waiting for her.



After that we were going to visit the Bay Area Discovery Museum but got stuck in traffic, so instead we were going to go to the Exloritorium for a few hours since it was a free day. Well even though the museum closed in 1 1/2 hours there was a line halfway around the building. It was nuts!

So instead we drove across the Golden Gate Bridge. Always a favorite with my kids and not too bad for entertainment even though there is a $6 toll.

Then we went to the beach by the Cliff House.

Cliffs behind us.

Darin, Nathan, and Rose loved playing in the sand and building balls.






Ginger and I cuddled on the sleeping bags.

I would feed her mini-oreos but she only likes the creme on the inside so we would throw the sides to the seagulls. She loved that. Ginger also loved eating the sand, I kept stopping her but she would sneak it in.


After a few hours of playing just in the sand, the boys got brave enough to go by the waves. It was 65 degrees outside and with the breeze fairly chilly even without being wet. They would make sand balls and then chase each other all around the beach throwing sand at each other.




Ginger and I just kept cuddling. She loves to eat the sand but doesn't like to walk on it--go figure! I didn't mind, I love it when she is in a cuddly mood. It makes me feel like she will always be my baby. I couldn't help remember that when Rose was Ginger's age she never would have stayed with me and cuddled on a sleeping bag. Even then she was always wanting to be with her brothers.


Darin got knocked down and over by a wave. After that he was ready to head home. I can't blame him there was only a small patch of hair on the top of his head that wasn't drenched.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Oooh the Cliff House! So beautiful, I love that beach too but yes, very crazy waves!! :) Are you taking them to Muir Woods?

Sarah said...

That looks wonderful!