We are in the Bay Area and I always wonder if we will feel an earthquake when we come out here.
First off- we did not feel an earthquake. However this day felt like a major one to ME and it all surrounds Ken's work. And because I was so completely rocked my poor children stayed in the hotel with me all day while their mom alternated between bursting into tears and pacing the rooms. The kids were actually quite the troopers.
What does Ken's work really have to do with me??? Except I am highly involved in making sure my husband is happy and content in providing for our family. I love to hear Ken talk about projects he is working on or challenges he is facing, or even the office gossip. Okay, especially the office gossip part because I don't get bi-nary (see I don't even know if that is spelled right:-)
Anyway, he LOVES his job!!! I mean LOVES!!! I LOVE his job! We both LOVE him telecommuting. He LOVES the technolgy he works on! It's just awesome!
Except in all of this awesome-ness I am always terribly afraid. Because when you LOVE something you are so very scared to lose it. And with the economy right now, and working for a start-up that is terrifying. And yet exhilarating-- maybe we are crazy! But the point is, if he hated his job and got laid-off. I would tell him, "So what there's a better job out there for you that you will like a ton more. Your not really losing something because, you hated it anyways." But what do you say to someone who totally LOVES their job???
Or in another case, I am always terrified we may have to move to California and Ken will not telecommute anymore. I love visiting the Bay Area, it feels like a second home. And it's great that 4-6 weeks out of the year we get to stay and play with minimal expenses to our family. But I would not want to move out here. We could do it, but our life is so much more comfortable, conservative, not to mention friendlier in Texas.
Sooooo, for the past month or so I have been feeling that something has been burbling under the surface with Ken's job and I have been incredibly nervous. And of course on his first day back from vacation, while he is completely stressed to the MAX with his project (the project that has been consuming his every waking moment the past two months, the project he worked on 80% of our 24 hour drive out to CA, the project he even worked on while he was sick on our vacation when he could steal a few moments).
Anyway, he shows up at the office after our vacation still totally not feeling well... and IT hits!
I'm not going to go into what "it" is. If you want to know, email me. But it isn't either of the things I have been worried about. In fact it knocked me off my feet when Ken had all of 2 minutes to tell me the "news", and then he spent hours in meetings all day and I was left pacing around wondering what in the world and dreaming up a million different scenarios all of which that were not good. It is actually really, really good and we are still thinking about it. All I have to say is, "Ken sure keeps life exciting!" and maybe I shouldn't be such a drama queen, it took me two days for my eyes to recover.
2 comments:
OK you have to tell me! I'm dying here!
Are you guys moving to China or something or better yet, Phoenix?
Post a Comment