Me and the girls made chocolate chip cookies. Yum, Yum!
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Cold Weather Comforts
At the beginning of February we had some freezing temperatures. Luckily here in Texas that meant we had early release one day, 2 hour delayed start the next, and then a snow day on Friday! This week was just what I needed. I had been missing my kids and yearning for a slower pace with them. We had lots of fun and basked in the comfort of being home together!
Me and the girls made chocolate chip cookies. Yum, Yum!


For dinner I made a manicotti with a ton of gooey sauce and cheese. The kids and I were watching a cooking show where the chef put huge slices of mozzarella between each layer of her eggplant parmesean. It looked crazy good, so this dish was to satisy the cravings we got from the cooking show.
We also discovered something kind of funny about our children. They will eat salad or basically anything if we put it in these wooden bowls or other miniature dishes. And they will eat like 3 times their normal serving! I've had these dishes for a year and half but never really used them because they were buried in a closet. But thanks to my re-organizing of all of our closets and pantrys we have been utilizing all of our fun dishes.
I just had to take pictures of my silly kids. We were talking about Star Trek or something at dinner. I can't really remember now. Nathan wasn't able to be Vulcun
Darin was able to do it.
Rose being a true Texan girl made the "Hook em Horns" sign!
After dinner we had plenty of time to read from our book. I have been reading the Mysterious Benedict Society to the boys. It's interesting enough that they want me to read it to them but not so interesting that they would go crazy nuts waiting each night to read one chapter. I would never be able to read any of Rick Riordin's books out loud to them.
PS- Check out our lovely couch! We are infatuated with this couch. It has a chaise on one side but on the other side it has a section that pulls out to make a queen size bed. We use it like this pretty much all the time, it's a perfect couch to watch movies on and cuddle together!
Me and the girls made chocolate chip cookies. Yum, Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
k that manicotti looks SO good! And your kids are so cute. They all look so much bigger - how long has it really been since we've seen y'all!!! Love the cozy time on that couch too! Very fun!
Post a Comment