Ken had to go to San Diego for just two nights on a business trip. It was the first trip of the year, and you would think with all the traveling he did last year that the kids would be used to it. But they weren't. Everyone was seriously mopey and depressed, I have to admit I had a hard time too. It was nice that Ken was off for 3 weeks over Christmas and we hadn't been apart for 6 weeks.
But, Ginger had the hardest time of all. Every two minutes she was asking me when Daddy was coming home or whining about how she wanted her Daddy. Honestly it felt like the longest 60 hours of my life because she threw a fit pretty much non-stop!
Ginger is usually our happy go-lucky girl, she hasn't thrown a tantrum for ages and she made up for it in a couple of days. She threw a massive throw yourself on the floor, rolling around, screaming at the top of your lungs
FIT for 10 full minutes at the shoe store because I asked her to put her new shoes on that I just paid for. Ginger said, "I can't do it by myself!" and proceeded to go nuclear!
I totally stayed calm though because (seriously) I was kind of laughing inside and I wasn't about to help her put on the shoes. Only because the whole time we were in the store I was helping Rose try on all of her shoes while Ginger ran from pair to pair slipping them on and off. She found the shoes she wanted all on her own, put them on all by herself, and ran up and down the aisle while I was helping Rose. I had her take them off when we paid because the salesclerk "had" to check and make sure they were the right size. That part, I thought she might complain about, but Ginger was totally excited to hand them over to the clerk. But handing the shoes back to her to put them on pushed her way over the edge--
apparently.

I wasn't the only one tired of all the whining. All the kids were too. So that's why on this night when she was throwing a fit the boys started snapping pictures of her so she could see how much she was whining!

This major breakdown happened over the fact that we had brought her PJ's and panties into my room so that way when she was finished getting dried off she wouldn't need to run to her room to get dressed. Who knew that would merit a tantrum, but we totally got one.

She cried the entire time she was getting dressed and a whole 15 minutes after. Well, she may have been crying over us giving her a hard time too. You know, with the boys snapping pictures and me and Rose throwing ourselves around and imitating her.

Well, maybe she liked our imitations after all!

I totally understand Ginger missing her Daddy. He is a pretty awesome Dad!

They are so cute together, she loves to tickle him and wrestle with him.

And she always says, "I love Daddy because he plays
Candyland with me!"
Seriously as if no one else ever plays with her.

And here is the
best part... Ken got home super late, like 1 am in the morning. Ginger was still awake because I promised her she could stay up until Daddy got home. Honestly, I just didn't want to deal with another fit and try to make her to go to bed without Daddy being home. Plus it was a Friday. Anyway, when Ken walks in the door, she runs up to him and gives him a kiss and hug. Then she runs immediately to me, scrambles up into bed with me, saying "Mommy, Mommy!"
Ken tries to get another kiss from Ginger, she totally turns away from him, cuddles into me and says, "I want Mommy!" and she doesn't leave my side the entire weekend Ken is home. Nice huh!
4 comments:
oh my gosh Steph that was awesome don't you just love those fits Aubrie is 5 now and never really threw fits until recently now it's all the time over stupid stuff. I LOVE that you imitated her and toke pics of her we do that to it's awesome. All that whining and fit throwing just to get 1 kiss and hug and be done with him that's awesome love ya babe
opps didn't realize i was singed in as Sean but I am sure you figured out it was me
Is it possible for her to be even cuter then before? You are one of the most amazing mothers, even when your kids throw tantrums!
that is classic! who knows why they do what they do?
Post a Comment