Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Baby Turns 4!!!

We celebrated Ginger's birthday the day before on Friday because Ken had to leave that night for an overnight Scout training. I was really not happy about it but this training is only offered twice a year. He took the day off and we had her party in the morning with her friends. Then when Rose got home from school we did a family party.

I still can't believe that my baby has turned 4! She is such a big girl now, but I still like to love on her like she is my little baby. We sure do love this cutie!
Her brothers and sister really love her too. She adds so much to our family.
First up was her present from her siblings.
They got her an Icee maker. She totally loves it.
Next up is the present she was dying to open. She begged and begged us for a DS. I suppose that is what happens when all your siblings have one, you want one too. I love her cute little expressions. Actually her expressions are part of why we all dote on her. Ginger is quite precocious.


There is our happy girl! She loves her DS and plays it like a pro!
Opening presents from her Auntie.
The next day on her actual birthday Lola came over for a pancake breakfast. Ginger's fav!
Boy, was she happy to get into her huge bag full of presents!
Lola reading her card to her.

Trying on the pretty dress that Lola bought her.
And the princess pajamas.
Nathan took her for a spin around the family room. All princesses need a handsome knight to sweep them of there feet, right:-)

One last picture with Lola.
The rest of the day we spent going to Nathan's soccer game that was 1 1/2 hours away. Which was a total mistake. I got a ticket and pretty much lost it. Which is in a different post.

When I pulled myself together we went to our ward's Trunk or Treat.


Ginger was so happy to wear her Happy Birthday crown with her new jammas.

The Deacon's did musical chairs for the game at the Trunk or Treat.
Yeah!!! Daddy finished up his training and met up with us at the Trunk or Treat. I have come to realize that I am a celebrate on the day type of person. Even though we celebrated for days beforehand and later that night. It's just not the same. I needed Ken to be there on-the-day! It didn't feel real until he was there with us celebrating Ginger's birthday. I know I sound super grumpy about it now, which is because I totally was in the moment. But it was my fault for encouraging Ken to attend the Scout training. He wasn't going to go but I talked him into it. But, I have totally learned my lesson.


Once Ken got there everything was immediately better!
Rose got her face painted.
Ken took the girls around trick or treating. They loved getting the candy. Then we came home and I whipped up Ginger's favorite dinner; spaghetti. She is so cute eating it, I wish I took a picture.


We love Ginger so much and are so happy to have in our lives. She is lots of fun, usually very smiley. She has a gift for smooth talking us into everything she wants. All 5 of us actually like to spoil her quite a bit because she is so darn cute. Besides she is really reasonable and comes up with amazing arguments for a 4 year old. Ginger is adventuresome and likes to play outside. She loves to run and do everything that the big kids do. I love how she is never scared to go after what she wants. She likes to draw and learn her ABC's. She is always getting into my craft supplies. Her favorite color is yellow if you ask her, but then she will rattle off 3 or 4 other colors quickly after that. Ginger loves to play with friends one on one. It gets overwhelming for her to play in large groups. She does it, but her preference is to play with one friend at a time. She has really loved having a more social schedule now that Rose is in school. Each day she wakes up and ask what friend she is going to play with for the day.

No comments: