Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Pictures

I'm not a real big fan of buying our kids Halloween costumes. The only thing I hate more then that is spending my time making their costumes though, so every 2-3 years or so we will buy the boys new costumes. I've never really spent much on the girls because they already have so much dress up stuff and I've resisted their pleadings to buy one of the fancy princess costumes that comes out at Halloween. But, I finally caved this year. For one thing I got a great deal on them because it was 3 days before Halloween. Secondly, I just thought if I am ever going to do it this should probably be the year. If I wait much longer then Rose may not fit in them.

Oh my goodness were they ever happy! You would think it was their one and only Christmas Wish that was fulfilled. Of course Ken and Darin had to take our princesses for a spin around the room. (Pardon the mess in my bedroom, you have no idea how crazy chaotic my life was at that point) No, seriously it was. We were dealing with adjusting to Nathan's seizures, Ginger's Birthday, the end of soccer season, Ken and the boys had a campout every weekend of the month, Ken traveling for work, our ward was being moved to a new church building (total chaos for Primary Prez.), while prepping for the Primary Program. Like total and complete insanity!

Which made this happy moment an even more cherished memory. I don't regret a single cent a spent on their costumes just so we could have a bright memory and playful time together!
Rose was Ariel.
Ginger was Belle.

Darin, our handsome prince, stole a kiss from Ginger before he would take her dancing. Smart boy!


On Halloween, Nathan's friend Arthur came Trick or Treating with us and the girls. Darin went over to his friend Carson's house for a BBQ and trick or treating fun with his family. Pretty good day, we got rid of a ton of candy which was super nice and the kids had alot of fun.

1 comment:

Meredin said...

Around this time I was sitting in a hospital room waiting for Autumn to come. Halloween will never be the same for us again!