We've known for years that he would need braces because he is missing two of his front adult teeth. The options are to either pull front top teeth to make his bite match or to make space so he can get implants when he is older. We've known this since he was 4 years old and have teased him mercilessly about how he will get teeth instead of a car when he turns 16:-) Which still is likely to be true cause implants are not cheap.
Anyway, Darin has been going to an orthodontist every 6 months for the past 3 years. The one we chose, I actually like him because he is less agressive then many of the others we saw, didn't want to begin for the longest time even though Darin has had all of his adult teeth in for years. He wanted to wait until he could see how Darin's wisdom teeth would errupt and also so he wouldn't have to wear a retainer with his fake teeth for too long because it will have to be removeable unlike the permanent retainers they give the kids nowdays. I would have to agree with that because I don't know how many times I had to fish my retainer out of the garbage.
Getting his brackets on. (BTW- I totally asked Darin if I could post this picture)
The picture Ken took while checking out his new braces.
Also, for his last supper the night before he requested a T-bone steak. Lucky boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment