Our kids came home from school and saw that there were major preparations in the work for a special dinner. I wouldn't tell them who it was for until we were all seated at the table. Surprisingly, the boys were more anxious about it and bugged me a bunch of times to tell them if it was for them. It was to celebrate Rose! I received an email from her teacher saying how awesome she is. Here was the note her teacher sent:
"I just wanted to brag on Rose. She is such a hard worker and wonderful role model to other children! She always has a smile on and tries her hardest. I appreciate her hard work and wanted you to know what a great kiddo you have."
We had a three course dinner; salad with garlic cheese biscuits, steak (Rose's favorite) and macaroni and cheese, and a chocolate mousse cake. It was yummy! Of course we also had sparkling cider too.For a laugh I gave Hazel a steak bone to gnaw on. She really loved it!
Hazel kept gnawing on the bone all through clean up too.
Then she helped me finish off the dessert.
We are so proud of our Rosebud! Of all of our children she has had the most struggles in school and really has to work hard to be a good student. It takes her much longer and a bigger effort to do homework or projects but she really does stay motivated and on-task on her own.
She is a chocolate and dessert monster and I let her have the biggest piece of cake. By the end she had actually had her fill.
The next day I went to the award assembly at the school. Rose was on the A/B Honor Roll. That means she got all A's and 1 B.
That's her waving at us.
Love this girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment