Friday, January 9, 2015

Hot Cocoa and Donuts

To celebrate making it through the first week back at school (or half a week) the girls had Brynlie and Kylie come over after school on Friday.  It was freezing, unfortunately it didn't snow though.  Several days this week we had the possibility of snow which is pretty much the only thing that made coming home from the beach to the cold, windy weather worth it.  All we have gotten is rain though:(
 
After playing inside for awhile they decided to brave the cold and play on the trampoline.  Ha!  They lasted all of 2 minutes.  But, it was just long enough for me to start making easy homemade donuts from biscuits.  I thought they would like something yummy and warm.  The girls ran in and then spent 30 minutes making hot cocoa.  For some reason they also got out the medicine droppers and drank most of their cocoa through them.  I guess Hot Cocoa and Donuts is just what the doctor ordered!


When the boys got home I had Hot Cocoa and Donuts waiting for them.  They really appreciated it because they had ridden their bikes home in the 30 degree weather.
Hazel enjoys a donut hole with Lola and then chilled with the girls.  I think she prefers craziness to the quiet when the kids are gone at school.
Love my family and I am so thankful that I get to stay home and do fun things like this for them!  I'm glad that my main job is making our home happy and cozy. I really feel important on cold, winter days like this:)

No comments: