Friday, January 9, 2015

Hazel Got Her Ears Pierced!

Hazel got her ears pierced.  She just turned 8 months old.  This is different for us because Ken really wanted to wait until Rose and Ginger were old enough to vocalize wanting their ears pierced.  I had my ears pierced when I was a 6 month old baby and have absolutely loved it.  I never worried about infections or my holes closing.  I could go years without wearing earrings and never have a problem with my holes closing.  I was kind of a tomboy when I grew up but I've never regretted that my parents pierced my years.  But, I also had no problem waiting until Ken felt okay about it, they are his girls too. 
 
After a few years of Rose and Ginger begging (ALOT OF BEGGING) Ken took Rose and Ginger to get their ears pierced.  They didn't really have any awful experience with getting them pierced but the day to day taking care of them was kind of pain because they were so much more active.  Earrings were constantly being removed and put back in because of gymnastics and sports.  Ginger's got infected a few times and poor Rose got very sick for almost a month 5 months after she had her ears pierced.  We had to take out Rose's earrings when she was sick and unfortunately her holes closed, so 6 months later Rose wanted to get her ears pierced again.  Anyway, after that experience Ken said that if we ever had another girl let's try to do it when they are a baby.  So we did...

 Hazel got very excited when Lola and Papa showed up!
 She was pretty patient while the technician marked her ears.
 First Ear.  Hazel didn't even cry.
When the technician moved to the second ear though she started crying.  I am thankful the technician was very steady, calm, and quick. 
 Hazel only cried for like a minute and a half.  She calmed down pretty quickly.  She was more serious then her normal serious self for awhile.
 Pretty girl, she even let her Daddy hold her again after he finished paying.
 Lola brought her a cookie and she really LOVED to eat small pieces of that.
 By the time we were in the car she was super happy and back to clapping.
 Ken's a good dad, holding out babies during the hard times so that I can comfort them.  Lucky me never gets a bad rep.
 Hazel loves her Daddy so much!
 Lola gave her another cookie when we got home.  She put it on the other end of the couch and Hazel walked around to get it.  Actually she lunged and tried to run to get it, I had to help her to keep upright she was so excited.
 Yep, that's happiness!

These are just pictures of my sweet babies curly eyelashes.  She is so lucky to have inherited Ken's super long eyelashes and Ginger's extreme curl in them. 

Love this girl!  Ken and I were talking later on that day and we much prefer getting our babies ears pierced.  For one thing it was much easier, way less tears, and we can just care for them easily.  Hope Hazel will love them as much as I loved mine.

No comments: